Chapter 6 - All For Macaroons

☽︎𒊹︎︎︎☾︎

'Wow, it sure is crowded.'

Just as Eric thought of this, someone accidentally elbowed him, earning a huff from his mouth. He soon heard a laugh, and turned to glare at his older brother that was guffawing at him. Choosing to roll his eyes and ignore the immature elder, he went back on his trail to explore the city.

Loud shouts and happy laughter echoed in the busy streets from the people who were preparing for the festivities, and even though the festival was yet to start, the actions of the crowd made it seem as if it had already started.

After a while of simply walking around and exploring, Eric soon complained that he was hungry, so the boys headed to a place they could find good food. They came across the part of the town where there were shops full of food, along with stands where food that they have never seen before were being prepared.

The brothers were in awe of the scene, as they have never been to a place where there were lots of other Mythicals. Sure, they have seen plenty in Zephirus, but there were mostly just flying creatures there. Macrocosmus was the central kingdom; the biggest one, so all kinds of Mythicals lived there, along with some that are only found in Macrocosmus.

As they were walking, Derrick suddenly froze, his eyes stuck on a figure that was seated in a chair outside a store. It seemed as if the world had stopped and blurred, as his eyes wouldn't, or couldn't, start away from the sight before him.

It was a girl. She had luscious golden blonde hair, the lightest green eyes that he ever saw, and naturally pink lips. She was looking downwards, her head turned from him, but he couldn't help but wish that she was looking at him instead. In her hands was a book, which she seemed so engrossed in. Her perfectly arched brows were slightly furrowed in concentration as she read on, oblivious to the lot of people staring at her.

One of them being Derrick.

"You're staring." Derrick jumped at the voice that breathed behind his ear, and this time, it was Eric that was whooping in laughter. He nudged his older brother, and said with a gurn, "Well, brother, I believe that we have found a wonderful place to rest ouf feet and eat, don't you agree?" Without waiting for a response, Eric patted Derrick's shoulder and headed in the pastry-filled bakery.

Just his luck, a family that was sitting in a table just beside this maiden stood and walked away. Quickly taking the opportunity, he walked to the vacant table and sat in the chair. He took a peak at the book she was reading and found it to be something that he had read before.

"Fletcher deserved Emma more than Marcus." He accidentally blurted out loud, making the two of them freeze. Feeling the need to continue, he said, "What I meant was, while Marcus and Emma do love each other, Fletcher was the one who made more effort, and I believe that he deserves her more than Marcus here."

A beat of silence passed, and just as Derrick thought that he messed everything up, he saw a smile crack in the girl's face.

"Oh, but Sir, I believe that while Fletcher did do more effort, and that he is far richer than Marcus, Marcus and Emma love each other so much. I think that even though one might try more, it's who the heart wants that will prevail." Catherine argued back with a fond smile. Upon seeing the expression that was etched in the lass's face, Derrick gave a wide grin back.

☽︎𒊹︎︎︎☾︎

The bell dinged as Eric pushed it open, and he was ambushed by the wonderful aroma of the delectables. The small bakery was filled with people eating various kinds of pastries, making him gulp and lick his lips at the sweet smell that was new to him. He looked at the glass display in front of him and saw many different delicacies. Some he'd seen before, and some that were new to him.