Chapter 7 - Fascination And Lies

☽︎𒊹︎︎︎☾︎

"Run!"

Catherine barely managed to make out her sister's statement as she felt a strong grip on her wrist, pulling -no, dragging- her farther from the scene. She could only fix her stance and run after her mischievous sister, eyes still agape in shock of what was happening.

Soon, the twins reached the stable where Jet and Snowflake were calmly residing at, fairly oblivious to the stress their owners were feeling. Once they reached the stable, they pasued for a while, taking a moment to reach their breaths. Catherine seemed as though she was still in shock, meanwhile Àimèe peeked over the frame of the door, looking if the strange male was following them or not.

Finally reaching her senses, Catherine gave a glare to her sister. "By the Gods, Àimèe! Pray, what was all that for?!"

Àimèe rushed to Jet, fixing his saddle, all the while saying, "My apologies, sister, but I definitely could not have faced him after what I did! Especially after I kicked him at the... At the..." She trailed off uncomfortably, the twins now sporting twin blushes.

"Well," Catherine sighed, following to ready Snowflake as well, "I believe that you owe him a deep apology, Aimme. Don't you agree?"

Àimèe huffed, leading Jet outside the stables. After looking around to make sure that he was not around, she got on her steed, Catherine proceeded right after. In silence, the two trotted back to the manor, letting their hthoughts hang around the air by themselves.

For sure, Mother and Father had already heard of the events that happened that afternoon, and they -'they' being Àimèe- had to be ready for their parents' wrath.

☽︎𒊹︎︎︎☾︎

Even though his whole system was overflowing with pain and agony, Eric simply could not help but let out a laugh as the mysterious brunette ran witaway with a clueless blonde in her hands. Slowly, but still very painfully, he managed to stand, giving an embarrassed smile to those that were still watching him. People had started to disperse after that, but a few still stayed to stare with looks of pity.

Derrick walked over to his brother, clasping a palm over the young one's shoulder, his lips pursed in pity. "You alright, brother?"

"Do I look alright to you?!" The twenty year old male snapped at his older brother, a look of irritation on his face.

Though, the pain was still visible in how he was slightly cupping his nether, earning a few weird looks from those that noticed. He forced himself to ignore those looks that were given to him, as it surely was something he was not used to.

Derrick lifted his hands in a surrendering manner, but the cheeky smile on his face earned a glare from Eric. "Alright, alright. Apologies, brother. But, you have to admit, that was pretty humorous."

"'Humorous'? More like 'horrifying'!" Eric snapped again in annoyance, urging himself to hide the wide grin that was vividly itching to trace his face. He had to admit, all the things she did were really was pretty comedic. Well, if you took out the part where she damaged his southern region, of course.

A sigh that exited Derrick made Eric look towards him in confusion. The twenty-one year old male was looking in the distance where the females went, a look of longing in his face. Eric raised a brow, confused at his brother's actions. Upon seeing the confused and fascinated look on Eric, Derrick composed himself, fixing his face into one of nonchalance. Not that it did anything to prevent the smirk from climbing up on Eric's face.

Before Eric could open his mouth to say anything, Derrick raised his hand, "No. Anything you are about to say; no. Come, let us go find some other place to get food. Now I'm famished." He then quickly walked away from his younger brother, walking towards a store with food.

Eric shook his head and followed, but not until he gave a final glance to the place where that short, amusing brunette left.

☽︎𒊹︎︎︎☾︎

As quietly as they could, the sisters opened the door to the manor, looking around to assure that the coast was clear. Once the two of them were sure that their mother was out of range, they hurried to Àimèe's room, shutting the door behind them. Just as they giggled to each other in success of their mischief, a throat clearing had them freezing on their tracks, sharing looks of horror to each other.

"Where have you both been, young ladies?" The two simultaneously breathed sighs of relief and turned once they realized that the person was not their mother.

"Father!" Catherine exclaimed, running into her father's open arms. Àimèe followed right after, but was not as fast as Catherine. Cath had always been the family favorite because of her soft nature, but Àimèe was not envy since she was Cath's favorite over their father and mother.

Once Àimèe got nearer to the parent, Aldwyn's eyes widened at his youngest daughter's state. "Àimèe, dear, what ever had happened to you?" He ran his sight over at her haggard figure, dress dusty, and her hair had some twigs shoveled in them. He made a concerned frown at her, knowing that she had been at mischief once more.

Àimèe opened her mouth, then closed them right after, thinking of a well enough excuse that their father would believe. Catherine's voice snapped her out of her thinking though.

"Well, Father, you see, we were at the town when suddenly," Àimèe gulped, "Centaurs and minotaurs ran past us! Àimèe covered me by her body to protect me from all the dust s-since my dress is white." Catherine lied. She felt bad to have to lie to her parents -again- but she would do anything to protect her sister.

Aldwyn eyed the sisters suspiciously, not believing the bluff, but nodded nonetheless. If something had happened, he would surely hear it from his wife tomorrow at breakfast.

After a few minutes, both Aldwyn and Catherine exited Àimèe's room, as it was already nighttime. With an embrace, the father and daughter duo departed to their own rooms.

As Catherine changed into her nightgown, she couldn't help but think of a certain boy with hark of dark chocolate, and eyes a color mix of green and amber. Laying on her bed, she suddenly realized that she had somehow lost her book in the middle of the whole situation that day. She thought to get it the next day, surely Mrs. Couffaine had it for safekeeping. If not, well, she wished that wioever found it had a wonder wonderful time reading a wonderful book.

As her eyes drifted to unconsciousness, she didn't feel how the wind suddenly brushed the tendrils of hair from her face, or how the fire in the fireplace of her room get warmer, as to make the room toaster. Neither did she notice the flowers on her window suddenly grow and stand tall with more color than before, and she most certainly did not see how the water pitcher's contents start to float and go to her hands, washing the grime off of them, as she was too tired to even wash off.

What did these strange happenings of nature mean? How would the twins' mother react when she hears of the mischief her youngest had been at? And the festival is in a day and two nights; what would happen then?

☽︎𒊹︎︎︎☾︎

Real boring, if I must say. Picture up is of Jet and Snowflake! Next chapter should be up either tomorrow or the next day after.

Next chapter will be... Different, that's all I have to say for it.

If you're liking my story, then please be kind enough to vote! Also, some occasional comments are really appreciated. Bye!