Chapter 3: Everyone is Curious About Him

???: Oh, is there someone right there?

Etsu gulped as the girl in front of him moved the books in the rack which are blocking her view out of the way to see his face.

She was visibly surprised, but not too much as she saw Etsu. Etsu quickly noted her hardly unnoticeable forehead which is flanked by two fringes of her black hair.

???: Sorry, you can have the book.

Etsu: E..Eh? No, you have it. *nervously raises both of his hands as if surrendering*

???: But you wanted the book, right?

Etsu: Yeah..but I'd feel bad if I'm the one who takes it. You can have the book, I can go find other interesting ones. Plus, I intended to just check it out... *nervous rambling*

???: Ah, alright then. Thank you. *smiles*

Etsu: You're welcome... *quickly walks away because he's embarrassed*

???: (Hmm... I wonder who that person is. He's a boy, but he's wearing our school uniform... Is he a student here? But how can he be?)

•••••

Mikoto: Yeah, he's in our class. *says nonchalantly as she drinks juice*

???: Really? That's a surprise.

Mikoto: Yeah... I thought you'd know by now, Kongou-san. You know, because the news spreads faster than Gekota promotion sells.

Mitsuko: You mean everyone is talking about him, Misaka-san?

Mikoto: Yeah, pretty much. Even Kuroko was blabbering her mouth saying nonsense things like "I'll kill him if he makes a move on onee-sama". He's a shy boy, as if that'd ever happen.

Mitsuko: Hmm... I'm curious as to why he doesn't cut his bangs. Isn't it blocking his view?

Mikoto: *shrugs* Maybe he doesn't want other people to see his eyes, or maybe he just likes that kind of style. Anyway, you said you met him.. At what place?

Mitsuko: The library. Why do you ask, Misaka-san?

Mikoto: Oh, it's nothing. *averts eyes*

When people say "it's nothing", more often than not there is actually something more to it. And Mikoto know exactly what she has on her mind.

Kuroko: Onee sama!!! *teleports out of nowhere and jumps on Mikoto*

Mikoto: Gyaah, Kuroko!

Kuroko: So this is where you are! Mou, onee sama you're so mean, why would you leave me just to spend time with this woman?

Mikoto: Get off me! *electrified Kuroko*

Kuroko: Aaaiee... *lying on the ground*

Mikoto: Geez, what's with you? I leave you for a second and then you go crazy like this. *sigh as she sits back on the bench*

Kuroko: I-I'm just scared that onee-sama would go speak with that boy!

Mikoto: Huh? That boy... You mean Unabara?

Kuroko: Yes!! I want to do whatever I can to prevent onee sama from engaging in anything with that boy as I believe he would be a negative influence to you!

Mikoto: Negative influence? You're ridiculous. He seems like a harmless person, what makes you say that?

Kuroko: I. JUST. KNOW. IT. *intense aura*

Mikoto: *shakes her head* I don't know what to do with you, Kuroko. Also, what makes you think I'm going to approach him or anything? *slightly nervous*

Kuroko: BECAUSE I HAVE AN UNPLEASANT FEELING THAT YOU WOULD!

Mikoto: (Gee. Isn't her ability supposed to be teleportation, not psychometry.) Rest assured, I'm not gonna do that. I don't have a reason to, anyway.

Kuroko: Really?

Mikoto: Yea.

Kuroko: Really really?

Mikoto: Really really.

Kuroko: Really really really?

Mikoto: Shut up already.

Kuroko: Yeayyy onee sama arigato!! *jumps on Mikoto*

Mikoto: Not again!!

As Mikoto struggles to get off from Kuroko, Mitsuko analyzes Mikoto's face. Somehow, she gets a feeling Mikoto would, in fact approach the boy named Unabara Etsu. For what reason, she doesn't know.

She also couldn't deny that she herself was curious about the boy.

...

She suddenly wonders where Unabara Etsu will stay after school ends. Surely not at the dormitories, right?

Etsu's POV

The Kamijou Residence (A student dormitory for boys in the School District 7 of Academy City. I'll just call it The Kamijou Residence bcuz it's simpler :D)

I'm currently standing in front of a door which has a plate with my family name written on it. Since I can't stay in the Tokiwadai dormitory for obvious reasons, grandma has placed me on this particular dormitory. Even though I would have been fine with staying in her house, she has to force me to live here because it trains me to be independent just like other students who live here on their own, away from their parents.

I scratched the back of my head. I would've really preferred to stay in grandma's house, but I guess it can't be helped. It might get lonely, but I can always see her in school and visit her on the weekends.

Grandma said the mover guys have already moved all my stuff inside. I just need to unpack and place them in the right place, or wherever I want. Hmm. Let's see the new place I'll be living in from now on.

I grabbed and twisted the door knob. The door opened, and I stepped inside. Then I closed it neatly.

Grandma had mentioned that the doors have an auto-lock system, so that's pretty cool. I don't have to bother locking the door after I get back from school in an exhausted condition.

I looked around and was pleasantly surprised by the rather spacious interior. There's a single bed, coffee table, television, refrigerator and a few empty bookshelves. Near the door entrance is a kitchen, and also a door which I think leads to the laundry room and bathroom. I can also see a balcony through the glass door. It'd be fun waking up every morning and then breathing the fresh air in the balcony.

 It'd be fun waking up every morning and then breathing the fresh air in the balcony

(The room is like this. Btw, is that television or an oven on top of the refrigerator? I'm assuming it's the oven.)

I looked to the floor and notice the boxes that contain my stuff lying there.

Yosh, let's do this.