Chapter 7: Meeting Index

Etsu kept throwing a glance at the petite body lying on his bed. He knows he should totally focus on cooking the beef meat on the frying pan unless he wants it to get burnt but he just can't help feeling worried about the person- no, girl. He found out that it was a girl when he came up close to her. Her veil made her face covered from people's visions, just like the hood of his hoodie.

You may feel confused as to why Etsu doesn't call an ambulance for her or just let other people handle it for him. He actually intended to do so, but the girl did something that made him act without thinking.

"Miss? Are you okay?"

"Uh..."

The petite girl opened her eyes a little bit. Her expressions is tired, and her gaze stared to Etsu's bangs.

"Hungry..."

And just like that, the girl closed her eyes and passed out once again. Etsu thinking he'll make a dinner quickly for the girl, carried the girl back to his unit.

And that's how he ended up in this kind of situation. Alone, with a girl passed out on his bed. If anyone were to walk in right now, they'll probably think he kidnapped the petite girl.

Thinking back on it, he could've picked a better solution rather than carelessly bringing a stranger into his unit. But what's done is done.

Etsu prayed in his heart that the girl wouldn't think he did something bad to her while continue cooking the meat he just bought from the supermarket.

✥﹤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈﹥✥

"Unh..."

Etsu was a bit startled when the girl groaned just while he was putting the finished curry rice on the coffee table.

Etsu stared at the girl's face as she slowly opened her eyes. The girl was staring at him blankly for a while before she frowned.

???: Where am I?

Etsu: Uh... My dorm unit.

???: ... Why am I here?? *starts to get nervous*

Etsu: D-Don't misunderstand. I brought you here because I found you passed out on the street. You said you were hungry, so...

???: Oh, haizz I passed out again, huh? *ruffles her hair, sighing*

Etsu: You mean, this happened before?

???: Oh, I tell you it happens every damn time! Usually it's when Touma doesn't come home and I had to go look for him outside! Damn that boy, it's all his fault!

Etsu: ... Touma, you say? As in Kamijou Touma?

???: Oh, do you know Touma? Are you also a friend of him?

Etsu: Well, yea we met once.. And we live in the same building.

???: Oh! So right now I'm practically at Touma's dorm building. That saves me the time to walk home.

Etsu: You live with him, uh...

???: As a token of appreciation because you helped me when I passed out, I'll tell you my name. *smiles* My name is Index Librorum Prohibitorum. You can just call me Index, like Touma does. And yes I live with him.