1

Great buddies. Crazy pals. We were very much different but we grew together, shared the same experiences and enjoyed each other's interest. She was my better half. My one and only Cleofe.

*********************************

Every afternoon, it was our routine to stay at Mrs. Hammington's place, three blocks away from school. It was a store for musical instruments called "Melody ad Rhythm's Corners" . It was the best place to stay in.

Mrs. Hammington was more than glad to have us there, and to her kindness, she let us use the grand piano, placed at the corner most part of the store for free. She always said that our presence in the store is her lucky charm.

After our tiring class at school, one day, Cleofe and I rushed to the locker rooms to keep our heavy books, which gave us both headaches every time we flip the pages. I wonder how the other students in East International High School could stand reading the Trigonometry, Physics and Algebra books.

My reverie was interrupted when Cleofe poked me hardly on the shoulder. Her face was flushed into crimson red and was biting her lip like it was going to bleed.

" Look, Sammie, Val is walking this way!"Cleofe said.

"Yeah. Yeah. Here comes again your forbidden one-sided love story", I rolled my eyes and commented sarcastically, half-teasing.

Obviously, Val Martin Asuncion is Cleofe's apple of the eye.

"You're such a nagger," Cleofe childishly pouted her lips.

"Sure I am." I playfully stick out a tongue to Cleofe.

"Childish."

"Haha. Yes, I am. That's why we're friends."

The truth is, Val is the man of my dreams, too. Just like everybody else. Just like ALMOST all of the girls in the campus. The only difference is that, mine is secretly, while the others were so obvious, almost swooning at Val like a bunch of crazy dudes. I mean chicks. Yeah right. A bunch of cool chicks.

I've loved him secretly since day one in High School. He is intelligent, talented and definitely a gentleman. I don't know why I fell in love with him. Guess you don't have concrete reasons for loving somebody right? It just came like a bomb, then all of a sudden, boom! I fell in love with this man. Yeah, I know. My life sucks.

Of course I didn't tell Cleofe about it. I'd rather keep it for myself than to compete with her. I just love her so much that I am willing to step aside and give her the moment.

*************************************

A/N: Hi there. This is my FIRST story. ;)

What do you think about this one? Give me comments.

XOXO