2

Val's voice kept on echoing inside my head. He was one great singer. Every time you'll hear him sing, surely you'll feel like your floating together with the clouds in the sky. Cleofe was aware of this, and I think every girl in the campus is dying to be his girl.

That maybe the reason why Cleofe was bragging me to Mrs. Hammington's place every afternoon, to teach her how to play the piano. And her greatest dream? That she and Val could perform together on stage someday, with her as a pianist and Val as the singer. Ouch.

I tried to compose myself and avoided the "will-be" scene.

"Come on, stop drooling toward that guy and let's get into business", I said after putting my eyeglasses in place, and drag Cleofe out of the scene.

"Arggh, I can't do this!"

Cleofe had mistakenly pressed the keys for the hundredth time.

Here we are again, at Melody and Rhythm'

"Why can't I play as better as you?"

"It takes time, practice and effort Sissy, besides, no one learns in an instant," I said to cheer her up.

"All right, I can do this!" She said, now grinning, as if she never had trouble in shifting her mood. I answered her with a half-hearted smile.

I envy Cleofe a lot when it comes to persistence and courage in showing up her true self and feelings towards certain things. She never hesitates to do things that would make her happy; especially the way she did the impossible. Just like playing the piano, which barely matched her interest, because as we both knew, acting is her passion. While I remained mute, unable to express, show up and remained coward, contented of being at the dark.

One thing that also keeps me from showing off is the fear...

... of hurting my very own best friend.