XVII

❝As everyone here may know... I've spend three nights with his highness wanting to get pregnant. I've waited and waited for pregnancy sickness or anything that could indicate that I am pregnant. After receiving no signs, I called for the imperial doctor to check more than five times and I wasn't pregnant so all I could think was that I was infertile so these past three days I've called for different doctors to check if I'm infertile or not... and all of them confirmed that there is nothing wrong with my body, I'm fertile.❞ Concubine Ki said, her forehead sweating and her voice shaking here and there as she saw the expressions on the guests faces as she continued to speak.

There was silence, everyone processing what concubine Ki said. Mu Jong was the only one panicked, but she tried to remain calm to not be suspicious.

❝Why did you told us all of this?❞ Empress Dowager asked, the point of concubine's Ki word flying over her head.

❝Are you saying something is wrong with me?❞ Zhang Wan asked getting the hints.

❝This one does not dare, your majesty. I just told the situation as it is. Please don't be mad at me.❞ Concubine Ki sat down and took a sip of tea as her throat was dry.

❝This can't be... maybe the doctors weren't good enough! There is no way the Emperor can't have kids. Besides, concubine Jong is pregnant with his child so something is wrong here.❞Empress Dowager said raising her voice.

❝Your majesty, one doctor may he wrong, but all of them? The only way to end this matter is to call for a doctor to check his highness.❞ Xu Yang said calm looking at Empress Dowager who tightened her grip on the tea cup.

❝Are you saying that I am infertile, Empress?❞ The Emperor asked in a low voice as he was filled with anxiety.

❝I'm not saying for certain, I couldn't know this, I'm just giving a suggestion on how to solve this matter.❞

❝If his highness is infertile, then how is concubine Jong pregnant?❞ concubine Xiao asked.

❝About that... I think everyone will like to listen to a special guest. Ji An, bring him in.❞ Xu Yang said looking at Ji An who bowed and left the room coming back with a man, Wei Zan.

Xu Yang sent Jiang Meng to find and convince Wei Zan to tell on Mu Jong and the man accepted after he saw gold in front of his eyes.

Seeing this, Mu Jong's face became as pale as the snow and her hands starts to tremble.
"What is he doing here? He wouldn't... right? I mean he can't! No, this can't be happening to me, no!" she thought as she gave death glares to Wei Zan who bowed and greeted everyone.

❝Who is this man?❞ Zhang Wan asked.

❝Wei Zan, tell them.❞ Xu Yang nodded her head.

❝I'm here to expose a secret I've been keeping for a while. As some people here may now, concu-❞

❝Your majesty, what is this stranger doing here? I thought it's a important gathering, why did you called a stranger? Is he perhaps someone close to you?❞ Mu Jong said trying to move everyone's attention from Wei Zan.

Xu Yang laughed.

❝It's too late for this, concubine Jong. If you interrupt again I will have to punish you. Continue.❞ Xu Yang said moving her attention back on Wei Zan.

Mu Jong didn't know what do to, if the secret is exposed she would get killed for sure. She was sweating and shaking. Zhang Wan noticed her reaction and attempt to change the subject and couldn't help but deeply frown and have an ugly expression.

❝As I was trying to say, concubine Jong has an affair with me. She was with me before becoming an Imperial Concubine and we didn't stopped seeing each other even after she became the Emperor's woman. The child she is carrying it's mine as well.❞