𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

monday 6:10 pm

"SA TO RI TENDOUUUUUU!" tendou hollered after scoring the game winning point with a stuff block on seijoh.

tani sighed in disappointment at the loss of the last game of the day, but she was proud of her boys for putting up a good fight.

a total of three full games were played, shiratorizawa taking the first 2-1, seijoh somehow taking the second 2-1, and then shiratorizawa taking the last 2-1.

tani enjoyed watching shiratorizawa, and especially ushijima, play. every time the ball was on their side, her eyes always landed on ushijima, even if he wasn't making a play.

however, she still thought iwaizumi was the best ace out there.

tooru and the team stood on the end line, thanking shiratorizawa for the game before making their way back to the benches, where tani packed up her things while handing out the waters.

"ugh. i hate that guy," tooru groaned, glaring daggers at ushijima's back. tani softly chuckled.

"tooru, you can't just go around hating people who are good or who you're threatened by," she gently said, standing on her tip toes to ruffle his hair.

tooru swatted her hand away, rolling his eyes and taking a drink of water. "tch."

"i'm not even going to joke around this time. i really think you'd be happier if you stop worrying about how good other people are and just do your own thing. because you're amazing, tooru, you're great at what you do and at connecting with your team. and how many others can really do that?" tani spoke genuinely. tooru softened his glare a little as iwaizumi came up behind tani, placing a hand on her shoulder as he faced tooru as well.

"she's right, dummykawa," iwaizumi snickered. tooru sighed.

"yes, i know. you are right," he said, seemingly cheering up a little more.

"of course i am," tani said at the same time as iwaizumi said, "of course she is." tani and iwaizumi both paused, looking at each other before laughing, tooru joining in.

"what am i gonna do without you two after we graduate?" tooru asked and the three all chuckle, despite feeling quite sad thinking about the question.

meanwhile, ushijima grabbed a drink of water as his coach finished his talk. his eyes traveled toward seijoh's bench and landed on tani, who was speaking to her brother.

a strange feeling rose in his stomach as he noticed iwaizumi's hand placed comfortably on her shoulder and the slight grin she gave him as a result of the contact.

the three started laughing and ushijima couldn't help but to wonder what they were talking about.

"ushi! time to change!" tendou caught ushijima's attention, bringing him back to reality.

"oh. okay," he mumbled, grabbing his things before glancing back at tani.

she was packing up the team's things as she brushed a hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear.

ushijima didn't realize he stopped walking, standing in place as he watched the manager in adoration.

"ushi! you good? forget something?" tendou asked once again. ushijima blinked, shaking his head a little.

"oh, no. i think i'm good. let's go," he said, following tendou back to the locker room.

while the team changed, tani began packing up the bus. shortly after she finished, they arrived and boarded the bus.

"you guys can handle the equipment today, right?" tani asked the coach and the rest of the guys as she, tooru, and iwaizumi would be staying back to hang out with tendou and ushijima. the coach let her know not to worry about it today and to have fun.

the three watched the bus leave and turn back toward the gym, seeing some of the shiratorizawa players leaving. among them were tendou and wakatoshi wearing their team jackets and sweats. tendou swung his car keys around his fingers, a smile adorning his face.

"ugh, do we have to?" tooru mumbled, and tani laughed, lightly smacking his shoulder.

"ow!" tooru cried dramatically, clutching where she smacked him.

"you're so dramatic. they're not as bad as you make them out to be in your head, stupid," tani said, pulling him along toward the two who have spotted the trio and started walking in their direction.

"READY TO GO?!" tendou excitedly exclaimed as they grouped up with tani, tooru, and iwaizumi.

"YEP! SHOTGUN!" tani matched his energy, smiling wide and excitedly following tendou toward his car.

"CAN WE GET ICE CREAM!" tendou exclaimed, and everyone agreed, cramming into his car.

updated 7/31/23