𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

saturday 5:33 pm

after lunch, tani and ushijima split off to go to the museums and parks around the city.

tani smiled, enjoying walking by ushijima's side and seeing all of the things that the city had to offer.

at one of the parks, they stopped at an ice cream stand and ordered, getting their ice creams and sitting at a bench a few meters away.

a guy from behind them in line walked toward them, stopping right in front of them.

"um, excuse me? you're really cute, can i have your number?" he asked tani, ignoring ushijima's presence.

she furrowed her eyebrows. truthfully she didn't want to give him her number at
all. she wasn't interested in talking to anyone new when she had feelings for-

"no," ushijima bluntly said, a scowl on his face as he placed his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer. her eyes widened as he closed the gap between their bodies, her side touching his.

"o-oh. sorry, i didn't know you guys were together, my bad," the guy nervously said, obviously intimidated by ushijima.

"oh no we're n-" tani was cut off as ushijima said,
"it's fine. bye now."

the guy walked away awkwardly as they finished their ice creams.

once the guy was out of hearing range, tani spoke up. "um, so, d-did you mean what you said in the group chat earlier? i know 'simp' is kind of a joke word but-"

"yeah, i did," he said, not letting his grip loosen and instead pulling her closer to him.

"wait, wait, so do you..." she trailed off, her heart beating intensely.

instead of answering, ushijima worked up some courage and leaned in, pressing his lips to tani's.

her eyes widened at his move and she kissed him back before he broke the short kiss.

"woah..." tani said as he tucked a stray hair behind her ear, sending tingles down her spine as his hand hovered on her neck. he nodded so as to answer her question. "i-um, i like you too," she said, flustered.

tani grinned widely as a small smile formed on ushijima's face.

"tani, i'm not really good at expressing my feelings, but... i really like you. and today, i've been catching so many other guys staring at you and it makes me feel jealous, like... i want you to be mine, and only mine," ushijima nervously said.

instead of responding, tani decided to lean in and
kiss him again, the feeling of his lips on hers causing excitement and nerves to course through her body.

he gently cupped her cheek with his large hand, softly and slowly kissing her back, their lips lingering for longer than their first one, but still keeping it short as they were in a busy area and didn't want to be gross.

"i'm yours... if you want," tani softly said, trying to contain her excitement.

a small smile tugged at his lips. he rested his forehead on hers. "okay, then you're all mine."

ushijima leaned in for one more kiss before standing and offering his hand. they walked hand in hand through the city, both enjoying the moment but also wanting to sprint straight to their best friends to tell them what just happened.

they had to meet back up with everyone else for dinner soon which tani was super excited about, but she didn't really want her time alone with ushijima to end. she enjoyed his company so much when she was alone with him because he always seemed more open and relaxed.

suddenly, ushijima stopped and pulled tani into him, kissing her in the middle of the busy sidewalk.

surprised and caught off  guard, the butterflies in her stomach fluttered uncontrollably. he pulled away, taking her hand back into his own as they started walking again.

"w-what was that about?" she asked, still in a daze.

he simply responded, "i wanted to show those guys that you're mine."

+++

a/n: sorry that whole getting together part was kinda abrupt i rlly wanna end this book soon😔😔😔☝️

edited 9/18/23