𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘪𝘹

saturday 6:02 pm

"daichi!!" tani squealed when she saw him sitting at the dinner table, at the restaurant with their friends and a few people she didn't recognize.

he stood up with a smile, embracing her in a friendly hug. "hey! it's nice to actually meet you in person!" he grinned. "you too, ushijima!"

ushijima nodded at him in acknowledgment, muttering a quiet hello.

"are these your friends?" tani asked, gesturing to a long-haired brunette and a silver-haired boy, who were both watching their interaction.

daichi nodded. "yep! this is sugawara koushi, our vice-captain, and asahi azumane, our ace."

both of them stood up to shake hands with tani and ushijima.

"i'm tani! i'm tooru oikawa's twin sister, nice to meet you two!" tani kindly said. both gave her a kind greeting similar to her own.

"tani! ushijima!" tooru called from the other
end of the table. "your seats are over here!" he pointed to two seats next to each other. one was beside tooru and the other was next to tendou, who was talking animatedly with bokuto and konoha.

tani nodded, turning back to daichi. "are you guys coming back to the hotel tonight? i think they're gonna party again," she asked, extending her invitation to asahi and sugawara by making eye contact with them.

the three glance at each other and nod. "sure! that sounds fun!" sugawara smiled, and tani nodded, grinning.

"tani! what did you want to drink?" tooru called again from the other end. she chuckled. "okay, my brother is being annoying so we'll go sit down," she rolled her eyes playfully, subtly taking ushijima's hand, which didn't go unnoticed by daichi, who raised his eyebrows with a knowing look as he watched them walk away.

as they approached their seats, tooru glanced at their interlocked fingers. he pursed his lips, narrowing his eyes at his sister when she sat down in her seat next to him.

"tooru, what is that look for? you look stupid," she snickered.

"shut up!" he rolled his eyes, and then leaned in and whispered, "holding hands? are you two together now?"

tani blushed. "to make a long story short, yes, but i'll tell you everything later," she whispered back, and he nodded, a sly grin on his face.

the large group of friends talked amongst each other, multiple conversations happening at once.

+++

saturday 8:13 pm

two hours later, the group of 15 decided to just walk around the city together and see it as the sun sets.

in the back of the group, tani and ushijima walked hand in hand, swinging their arms as they stepped.

"you're so pretty," he randomly said, making tani look up at him, flustered and surprised.

"wha- wakatoshi, stop it!" she said, embarrassed as she buried her face in her free hand.

"well, you are."