Meet Eddie Brock

Johnny and Natasha made their way to Eddie's appartment.

Johnny: Now Eddie here used to be a reporter. Until he walked in a lab that was doing tests with these things they called symbiotes. He came into contact with one of the lab rats that was being tested with one of them. It traveled to his body.

Natasha: Woah. So what happened next?

Johnny: From what Eddie told me, he started acting strange. Amazing abilities, eating food from garbage, eating live lobsters, sensitivity to loud noises, and a deep voice kept talking to him. A few days later, it revealed itself to him.

Natasha: What did?

Johnny: Not what. Who.

Natasha: Ok. Who did?

Johnny: The symbiote was an alien named Venom. Carnivorous. Violent. And highly dangerous. At first, he and Riot, were there to summon an invasion. But Thanks to Eddie, Venom had a change of heart. They fought for the planet. Ever since, they became crime fighters.

Time skip

Eddie: I wouldn't call ourselves crime fighters. We eat bad guys. We help people and Venom gets food. Deal we made.

Natasha: So you're the only one who can talk to Venom?

Eddie: When he's not on the outside form.

Natasha: How did it feel? Being friends with him?

Eddie: He scared me at first. But after he told me that he was a loser, like me, I decided that I can make things work. Venom doesn't have to eat innocent people, and I have a better life now. So, you guys need me for anything?

Natasha explained to him about Loki, the Tesseract, and the incident.

Natasha: Since you know something about reporting and your friend knows about fighting, criminals and aliens, we could use your help.

Venom: I don't know if we can trust her. She could be after me.

Eddie: If we help you, when Venom reveals himself, don't treat him like a monster. Treat him like a team member. And he won't eat you.

Natasha: Deal.

Johnny: There's one more guy I'd like to hire. He's a highly trained assassin. He'll be useful.

Natasha: The more, the merrier.