First meeting

Later that night, the team met up. And Loki was put into a cage.

They watched a video monitor of Fury talking to Loki.

Fury: In case it's unclear, if you try to escape, if you so much as scratch that glass,

He opened up a door to reveal that the cage will drop.

Fury: 30,000 feet! Straight down in a steel trap! You get how that works?!

He closed the door.

Fury: Ant.

He gestured to the cage.

Fury: Boot.

He gestured to the ground.

Loki didn't look threatened. He looked calm.

Loki: It's an impressive cage. No built, I think, for me.

Fury: Built for something a lot stronger than you.

Loki: Oh, I've heard. A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man.

They all looked at the doctor. The doctor looked calm as well.

Loki: How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?

Fury: How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace, and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did.

Loki: Oh. It burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share. And then to be reminded what real power is.

Nick just decided to walk away.

Fury: Well, let me know if "real power" wants a magazine or something.

They turned off the surveillance cameras.

Bruce: He really grows on you, doesn't he?

Steve: Loki's gonna drag this out. Wade, what are you doing, here. Shouldn't you be in bed?

Wade: Oh don't worry. They grow back out.

They looked at his legs. They were little baby legs. Thank goodness he wore pants.

Johnny: Oh my goodness, Wade. Tell me you didn't murder a child to get those.

Wade: I just said they grow back out. I'll only be like this for a few hours.

Eddie: It's like "Wonder". You know, that book about the boy born with an ugly face.

Johnny: Wonder? More like Lucifer or Nightmare on Elm Street.

Wade: Just shut up about my face!

They all got shook up.

Wade: Do you know how long it took me to get used to my mutation? Do you think, that I showed mercy to the idiot who did this to me?

Johnny: Wade. We're sorry.

Wade: Thank you.

Steve: So, Thor, what's his play?

Thor: He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard, nor of any known world. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract.

Steve: An army from outer space.

Bruce: So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for.

Thor: Selvig?

Bruce: He's an astrophysicist.

Thor: He's a friend.

Natasha: Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours.

Steve: I want to know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here.

Wade: He could be taking a rest. Probably needs it. Reserving his strength.

Johnny: Or he could be waiting to attack us.

Bruce: I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bagful of cats. You could smell crazy on him.

Thor: Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother.

Wade: We've established that fact already.

Natasha: He killed 80 people in two days.

Thor: He's adopted.

Wade: Oh. That, we didn't establish.

Bruce: I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium. What do the need the iridium for?

Tony: It's a stabilizing agent. I'm just saying, pick a weekend. I'll fly you to Portland. Keep love alive. It means the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at S.H.I.E.L.D. No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing. Also, it means the portal can open as wide and stay open as Loki wants. Raise the mizzenmast. Jib the topsails. That man is playing Galaga. Thought we would wouldn't notice. But we did. How does Fury see these?

"He turns."

Tony: Sounds exhausting.

Johnny: Oh, great. Another Wade Wilson.

Tony: The rest of the raw materials Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. The only major component he still needs is a power source of high energy density. Something to kickstart the cube.

He placed a device as he said this.

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?"

Tony: Last night. The packet, Selvig's notes, the extraction theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?

Wade: We're not all scientists, here.

Steve: Does Loki need any kind of power source?

Bruce: He would have to heat the cube to 120 million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier.

Tony: Unless Selvig has figured how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect.

Bruce: Well, if he could do that, he could achieve heavy ion fusion at any reactor on the planet.

Tony: Finally, someone who speaks English.

Bruce: Is that what just happened?

They shook hands.

Tony: It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner. Your work on antielectron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into a green rage monster.

He didn't seem happy about that.

Bruce: Thanks.

Fury: Dr. Banner is only here to track the Cube. I was hoping you might join him.

Steve: I'd start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it looks an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon.

Wade: What's HYDRA?

Johnny: A German organization he fought way back.

Fury: I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys.

Thor: Monkeys? I do not understand.

Steve: I do. I understood that reference.

Tony: Shall we play, doctor?

Bruce: This way, sir.

Tony: You guys coming.

Johnny: We need some rest. Plus, Wade needs some time to grow his legs back out.

Tony: He really can regenerate his dismembered body parts?

Johnny: Yeah.

Tony: That's impressive and kind of disturbing.

Johnny: Enjoy the lab.