IX

Harsh and rapid knocking at her door let Iris know Jungkook had arrived, Regret had filled her the moment she left him

Harsh and rapid knocking at her door let Iris know Jungkook had arrived, Regret had filled her the moment she left him. It had been a moment of weakness...her offer to help him. A moment of brief connection, of empathy for his situation. And then she left and remembered who she just invited over to her house to spend hours on end helping him make up assignments. It's not like she could take it back. She wasn't that big of an asshole. It seemed that everyone else had given up on him. And the overbearing pressure he had on his shoulders—a mother he just wanted to make proud—hit a little too close to home.

So Iris sucked it up. Took a deep breath to prepare for however long this would take. This was her act of generosity of the year so she could at least say she did one good deed between nearly cursing out her classmates and nearly strangling Jungkook.

She tossed her door open and glanced up at the sight of Jungkook's broadened grin. His stupid, shit-eating, beautiful smile on display like he had won the lotto. His bag was tossed over his broad shoulder though he looked rather small and soft wearing oversized clothing. His long hair was pulled back out of his face with those little hair clips girls would use to hold their hair back. Again– you'd never expect this man to have a sleeve of tattoos, multiple piercings, and regularly has women dropping on their knees for just a single night with him. They always seemed to be rather confused when he always dropped them for Iris. The way he would always follow her about like a loyal puppy. What did she have that they didn't?

Jungkook could name a bunch. Grace, poise, a sense of unattainability that makes her regalness all the more attractive. There could be a lot of unresolved mommy issues involved in his attraction but he'd never admit it.

In his hand, he held a cup of coffee, a symbol of his gratitude. He offered it out to her. "I'm ready to learn, mommy." Of course, he had to ruin the sweet gesture with his weird fetish-y kink. Iris' lips pursed as she took the cup from him. A single sip and of course, it was just how she liked it. Not too sweet, nor too bitter. He could recite her order in his sleep.

"If we're doing this, don't call me that shit."

Somehow, Jungkook's smile only becomes cockier. "Doing what, noona? 'Doing this' could mean a lot of things."

Iris scoffed at this lewd insinuation. "I'm not fucking someone who uses children's clips in their hair and wears toe socks." She motioned to his head then glanced down at his feet where his socks had little slots containing each individual toe. The little cartoony flowers on the ends of the clips matched the cartoony flowers on his socks. Jungkook gasped, eyes wide, suddenly offended. He placed his hands over his barrettes. "You leave my barrettes alone! They're cute! And toe socks are good for you!" He then passionately fixed one that was coming loose. "I came here for help, not to get roasted on what I choose to wear. Can I come in or should we sit in the hall?"

Iris sighed woefully. "Get in here."

Jungkook always got a tad bit excited when coming into Iris's apartment. Her house was her personal space and for her to allow him into her personal space made Jungkook feel special and important to her. He never wanted to invade that safe space for her so he never knocked on her door uninvited or when the door was open, he stood outside of it. He never came in unless prompted to.