XVI

Jungkook realizes he fucked up

Jungkook realizes he fucked up. It only dawned on him that she may not have been serious only after the video was sent and she had definitely already seen it. There was no going back, no wiping her memory, no fixing this.

He was so fucking stupid. How could he not have realized that earlier? She obviously said that as a joke but he got overzealous and made a very rash decision in the moment that might have ruined any chance he had with her. How could he have fucked up this bad? One second of critical thinking would have saved him from this.

Jungkook texted her an apology that she didn't read and when he tried to call her, he was promptly left on voicemail as she had completely shut off her phone. He really, really fucked up and now he was panicking. He didn't know what to do to make it better, to get her to forget his stupid mistake.

"Noona, please answer the phone. I'm really, really sorry. I didn't even- I didn't even think." Jungkook says as he paces his living room in a new set of clothes. He rakes his fingers through his hair, the stress that he had offended and disrespected her weighing down on him like a car was just dropped on his head. Fear seized him, fear that she may never forgive him, that he had torn down everything he worked so hard for.

He decided not to go over to her apartment, to give her the space she deserved. He doesn't know what more to do than to call Taehyung.

The phone rings a few times on speaker in front of Jungkook's feet. His hand his legs tucked up to his chest and his arms wrapped around himself, constantly staring at his east wall, the one he knew he shared with Iris. He kept staring as if he'd suddenly be able to see through the wall and gaze upon his love, comfort her with his eyes, apologize profusely to her for his violation of their relationship.

"Dude, it's 11 and I have to wake up at 5:30 for a test." Taehyung groans in a raspy voice as he had just woken up to the sound of his phone blasting Feel Special in his ear, the ringtone Jungkook had set for himself on the older's phone while he wasn't looking.

Jungkook hardly even let him finish his complaint as he begins to sob. "Hyung, I fucked up bad and I don't know what to do." He was borderline incoherent, trying to hold back his tears while they fell down his reddened cheeks. His lips were salty and wet with his despair.

He can hear the shuffling of Taehyung in bed as he sits up to console his young friend. "What happened, Kook?" He asks, suddenly waking up.

Jungkook begins to blabber about what happened. How the conversation was going great until she bet him that he wouldn't send her that godforsaken video and he did and didn't realize that she was joking. Now, he's ruined everything and he just wants to keel over and die, never show his face to the world again.

'Well, on the bright side, it wasn't unsolicited. You could be in a lot more trouble if it was."

Honestly, Jungkook was on the verge of hanging up. "That's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried that I ruined everything because of my stupidity." The young boy cried. "I just don't want her to hate me." His voice died into a whimper of fear. He could almost see it. The hatred and disgust in her eyes when she looks at him. He had violated her, their blossoming relationship, everything he had worked for.