XIII

Iris kept glancing between Jungkook and the windows, attempting to decipher where they were headed

Iris kept glancing between Jungkook and the windows, attempting to decipher where they were headed. They were in the expensive part of Seoul, Gangnam, and the thought of being in a place she's hardly ever been before discomforted her. A sharp feeling of not belonging ached in her chest. A world in her mind where she hoped to live in such a luxurious part of Seoul, a symbol of status and approval in a society waiting for any reason to put her down, she never thought she'd be taken here for a date. By Jungkook no less.

"So...where are you taking me?" Iris asks, her eyes gazing over to Jungkook who leaned back in the dark leather seats of his Mercedes Benz. He had one hand on the wheel, with the other leaning against the middle console between the two seats, fingers twitching every once and a while almost as if resisting to grab her hand.

Jungkook takes his eyes from the road only for a moment, an ambient smile playing on his lips which he had covered in a thin layer of his favorite coconut lip balm. "Don't you know what a surprise is, Noona? It takes the fun out of it if you know. It's gonna be fun...hopefully." He really hoped that she'd like what he had planned. His hands were shaking a bit but he hid it well with his confident exterior. They were both nervous, they were both just good at hiding it.

An expensive restaurant. Iris had never seen it before but if it was in Gangnam it was definitely gourmet and overpriced. She almost sighed in relief. He hadn't invested too much and hadn't thought out of the box. It made her feel safe. She wouldn't feel bad by the end of the night, he'd be okay. She'd be blameless if things didn't work out. But that safety in his low-effort date immediately walked out the door as soon as they walked in, arm hooked in arm as Jungkook led her inside.

It was completely empty but all the tables were set up with candles in their centers. There was a table in the middle, the only one with flowers and such. "I rented it out. The whole thing...I hope you like it." Jungkook chuckled nervously. "I also get the entire kitchen so I can make us dinner." It had cost a small fortune but was an entirely fair investment to ensure this was the best date she's ever been. His mother would undoubtedly call him asking what he spent so much money on. He decided now he wouldn't answer the call.

"Jungkook- you idiot, how much did this all cost?" Iris couldn't even begin to understand what kind of drugs he was on to do all of this. He waved her off dismissively. "There is no price I can place over you, Noona." He grabbed her hand and gently led her to the grandiose kitchen made for industry professionals. He's worked in ones similar to this in his classes, constantly rushing about "yes chef"ing and "no chef"ing everyone from his instructor to his fellow classmates. Now he had a whole professional kitchen to himself, the best money could buy. That's all Iris deserved.

"On our menu tonight, we will start with an appetizer of roasted Garlic, sun-dried tomato, and goat cheese canapés." he grabbed a black apron hanging from the handle of the oven and began to put it on. "For our main course, steak burgers with gouda cheese, caramelized onions and garlic mushrooms, hand-shredded iceberg lettuce, and my own special lemon sauce." He pulls the strings tight and it defines the slope of his waist. His tiny, stupid, sexy, slutty little waist. So delicate and almost holdable. "And for dessert, Chocolate Raspberry Dacquoise Cake." Then tied the strings into a bow. All of it sounded incredibly fancy.