thirty seven

well. last chapter was interesting. lots of revelations. how r u feeling about it 😇

i left school on friday yasss i should be able to update a little more :D

✩︎

HANA

I'm beginning to think Harry's tears are endless; I suppose it's ironic - him being cheated on and turning to me for comfort after what he did.

Then again, it's not like he got anyone pregnant or anything else that could possibly equate. His was a careless, drunken mistake. Hers was a selfish, drawn-out lie.

He hasn't been able to stay in the main house yet. Not for any more than five minutes to retrieve a fresh change of clothes or his favourite biscuits from the kitchen that I don't have. It's only been six days since he stumbled down to my cabin and practically collapsed with a heart-aching sob, but it feels like much longer. Because of this aversion to the whole building, he's been staying in my cabin.

For the first two nights, I insisted he sleep in my bed and I'd take the couch, but his defiance overcame shortly after and we've now swapped. It's still strange to know that he's here, and that Amy's really left; she hasn't returned or even attempted to, and I'm glad she has the sense to stay away, at least. I'm not sure how Harry would cope if she appeared here one day, most likely begging for him back but I can't see Harry ever moving past his anger and even considering it.

In some ways, I wish that he hadn't found out now. Although I'm sure it would've been more difficult for him as it got closer to her birth, he's had no chance to recover from Carl's death before he's hit again with yet another massive betrayal. It really does seem like he never has a break, even from the people he trusts and loves most, and my preconceived idea that this camp is pure bad luck for both Harry and me, only grows with every tragedy that occurs here.

Sleeping in my bed now doesn't quite feel the same with the faint scent of vanilla infused into the pillows and the knowledge that he was here, but I ignore it and shuffle onto my side, burrowing my face into the blankets in hopes it'll send me to sleep eventually. Images of the last few months swirl through my mind as my eyes finally flutter closed; the internal conflict, Harry's relationship falling to pieces within ten minutes, my own new relationship.

I haven't seen Arjun all week, too focused on ensuring Harry's mental state isn't constantly deteriorating and comforting him to concentrate on myself. I've spoken to him on the phone several times though, and I'm beyond glad that he seems understanding of the situation even without the full explanation of everything.

He keeps reminding me that I need to rest more before my brain passes the point of exhaustion, but as my eyes flicker up to the clock hung on the opposite wall and I notice it's been a full hour since I laid down with the intention of sleeping, those attempts are thrown directly out of the window. As much as I want to stomp on my journey to the kitchen, I'm not sure if Harry's asleep - he tends to flip between barely two hours at night or constantly napping throughout the day and even sleeping during the evening.

Luckily for my heavy footing, he's already awake. Careful not to startle him, I walk closer to the sofa and nudge his ankle gently to alert him to my presence. His voice is low and obviously hasn't been used in a while as he glances in my direction, "hey." I wish I could ignore the redness of his eyes and pretend it's not because he's been crying, but of course, my brain won't let me and I'm patting his shin to signal for him to move up and let me sit with him.

The breeze is sinking into my exposed legs very quickly, only a pair of shorts to protect me, but I don't really mind as he scrambles to sit up and give me enough space. "Hi. Are you okay?" my voice is quiet as I ask a stupid question; it's clear he's not okay.