five

this is how harry looks in this chapter :)

this is another flashback chapter

✩︎

HANA - 16TH MARCH 2000

After almost a month, I've finally built up the courage to visit Harry again, alone this time. I still can't believe what had happened the last time I saw him, but I want it to happen again, as pathetic as that is.

"Hi, I'm Harry and I'm the live entertainment tonight. 'm going to be singing a few songs - I hope you enjoy," he speaks into the microphone, unable to see me as I stand behind a man who I'm sure must be at least six foot seven. When I peak over his shoulders, Harry looks slightly dejected as he glances around the room, but he quickly shakes it off and begins to play his guitar expertly, "this one isn't original, but I hope you'll all know it."

Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise,
Running in the shadows, damn your love, damn your lies.

And if you don't love me now,
You will never love me again,
I can still hear you saying,
You would never break the chain.

I step out in front of my temporary cover, Harry spotting me immediately and smiling widely, his singing becoming louder and clearer as I weave my way right to the front of the stage. His eyes are trained on me the entire time, settling on me - and my outfit - as I press my stomach to the front of the small stage whilst my focus flicks between his contented expression and his rich voice.

And if you don't love me now,
You will never love me again,
I can still hear you saying,
You would never break the chain.

Listen to the wind blow, down comes the night,
Running in the shadows, damn your love, damn your lies,
Break the silence, damn the dark, damn the light.

The audience appears to be enjoying his rendition, covered incredibly smoothly and joined with the occasional charming smile from Harry.

And if you don't love me now,
You will never love me again,
I can still hear you saying,
You would never break the chain.

He looks and sounds angelic, his accent much clearer as he sings, his long hair drifting impishly into his vision and bright eyes darting around the room.

And if you don't love me now,
You will never love me again,
I can still hear you saying,
You would never break the chain.

I glance to the ceiling to halt my surfacing emotions, my expression set solidly in attempt not to sob just at his fulfilling presence. He's studying at me between glancing at his guitar, trying not to smile, and by the glint in his eyes, he's simply elated that I appeared.

Chain keep us together, running in the shadow,

Skilfully, he finishes the classic song, burning the richness of his voice into my mind forever. Daringly, he leans down to talk to me, a few people staring angrily, clearly having their eye on him; please, take him, he's not mine anymore.

"Can I talk about you?" he inquires softly, smiling appreciatively as I nod and returning to stand in front of the microphone, "this next one is an original called Cherry - it's written about someone in this room, actually, someone I love very much. I love you, Cherrybaby."