Bond of Love- Prompt 4

"Living in a world of magic has its perks," Lana thought as she released the paper cranes.

Everyone would hear the happy news by the end of the day since the little guys were faster than any of the messengers from her own world.

She shuffled her long multi-layered dress to the side as she turned to go back towards the castle, cage in one hand while the other was busy doing its best to prevent her from tripping on the elegant fabric.

Although Lana had nothing against dresses per se, she missed the clothing she wore in her own world, blue jeans and loose blouses. They were far easier to move around in.

Still, she couldn't complain. The dresses she was provided with were the most beautiful ones she had ever seen. They were as comfortable as they were stunning. Yet, she didn't feel good wearing them. There was all the etiquette that had to be followed, rules that were expected to be obeyed.

Every day she felt like an alien from a different planet learning about the world for the first time.

In a way, that was what she was, although the magic beings did everything in their power to make her feel welcome.

"Daydreaming again?" Eldaron asked from close behind her.

"Oh, you scared me!" Lana said, moving her long blond hair to the side to be able to clearly see him. "The fact that you are a fairy prince doesn't mean that you are allowed to sneak up on people."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," Eldaron said, nuzzling her neck. "I just missed you."

"I was only gone for a few minutes," Lana said, smiling at the enchanting being that Eldaron was.

She couldn't go past how human he looked; how utterly beautiful he was.

His translucent golden wings fluttered to life as if they wanted to remind her how magical he was. As if she needed a reminder.

She already felt utterly inferior to him. And yet tomorrow, they would wed, making her the first human queen of the fairy world.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Lana whispered to the only person she ever loved.

"Of course I am. You're the only one whom I love and whom I'll ever love. Besides, it's a bit late to cancel the wedding now as you've already sent the invitations," Eldaron said with laughter in his eyes.

"Can you be serious for two seconds?" Lana asked, already knowing the answer.

"Not a chance," he answered with a cheeky grin that lit up his whole face.

Lana traced her fingers across his smiling lips, trying to resist the temptation. Fairies and their strict rules made everything so much more challenging than it needed to be.

"Sometimes you sound more like a human than a fairy prince, you know that?" Lana said, utterly tempted to throw away all the rules and kiss him breathless.

"Well, I did spend a lot of time among your people. I was bound to pick up a thing or two along the way," Eldaron said.

"True. Besides, when you speak in the way of your people half of the time, I have no idea what you are talking about," Lana said, her voice tinged with sadness.

"You'll learn. All the other beings who chose to join our kingdom managed to do so. I am sure you won't be an exception," Eldaron said soothingly.

"What about the prophecy?" Lana asked with tears in her eyes.

"Lana, we talked about this. No matter how bad the prophecy sounds, there is always more than one interpretation to it," Eldaron repeated patiently.

"But Alderon," Lana started to say, shivering at the memory.