prologue

"Not here!" you shouted, fretfully tugging the hem of your gown

    "Not here!" you shouted, fretfully tugging the hem of your gown. "Is no one going to tell me of my husband's whereabouts?" You demanded, your voice echoing throughout the room.

    The dining hall was large, dimly lit, and draped in a delicate red rug that covered the majority of the marble floor. The ceiling must be eighteen feet high, with two towering golden candelabras containing smooth white candles with wax which of never dripped. Ornamental designs are etched into the ceiling and little naked figures, with little cloth around them, look down from every angle. Bottles of wine were carelessly placed at the long wooden table's end.

    "I saw him leave previously, Lady Y/N," one of the servants answered. "I'm not sure where he was going. I sincerely apologize."

    For a brief moment, you paused walking in circles. He left without informing you where he was planning to travel? That is really unlikely of him. He's always thrilled in informing you about his day and his plans. It's understandable if he leaves for a few days, but it's been far too long and you're afraid he's abandoned you.

    "I don't feel him anywhere and he vanished without a trace. Months have passed and I have yet to receive an explanation!" you complained. "That settles it. You cannot keep me imprisoned here in eternity. Bring me to Heimdall."

    ∽

    The Bifrost—the passageway through which Asgardians traveled between realms—was blindingly bright, with an echo of the whirling sound within it. You haven't visited this location since that incident. Odin, the king, insisted that you remain in the palace while matters remain complicated—that is, while he is still hunting you.

    Heimdall stood peacefully in the heart of the Bifrost, as he always did in his role as keeper. You and your guards approached him.

    "Heimdall," you greeted him. "I'm here to inquire about a few matters."

    "A few matters like your husband?"

    "How—" you scoffed, "Well, now that you've guessed it, may I know if you have seen him? He has not yet returned."

    "I am unable to disclose his motives, but you deserve to know that he is currently in Midgard."

    "Midgard? That place about which Thor speaks so highly about?"

    "Yes, Lady Y/N."

    Finally, Heimdall opened his eyes and looked you in the eye. Heimdall, the all-seeing, all-knowing sentry. You are certain that he is aware of your thoughts. You just do not know whether he supports it or opposes it.

    "You are going to allow me, aren't you?" You inquired. "I am worried, Heimdall."

    "I am here solely to protect the Bifrost and to allow our people to travel between realms, Lady Y/N."

    "You know that you are more than its keeper," you stated, leaning over to whisper. "My guards will object to my visit to Midgard. Have any suggestions?"

    Heimdall sent a slight smile your way. "Are you going to drag me into your plan, Y/N?"

    "Well, why not? I'll seize each opportunity that presents itself. And you, Heimdall, seems to be on my side."

    "Guards!"Heimdall shouted. "You may want to check with the palace. Your assistance, I believe, is required."

    As soon as Heimdall issued the command, all of your guards fled to the palace except for one.

    "And how come you're still here?" Heimdall questioned. "I told you to come with everyone to the palace."

    "But, Lady Y/N—"

    "I'm fine," you stated. "Please continue. Besides, Heimdall is here. I'm not trying to be a hindrance to the fulfillment of your duties."

    The guard nodded and made a quick bow before leaving along with everyone, leaving only the two of you. You stood there, awaiting Heimdall's opportunity to open the Bifrost.

    "Are you aware that both you and Loki are such troublemakers?"

    "Oh, I do," you acknowledged. "Do you know that makes us a wonderful match for one another?"

    Heimdall made no comment and simply shook his head, attempting to conceal his smile. "You are aware of how to find me if you need to return. Take care, Y/N."

    You inhaled deeply and closed your eyes. A tickling feeling spreads across the tip of your fingertips, and the burning light brushes across your flesh. You discovered herself staring into a golden whirling maelstrom that gradually crystallized into various forms.

    You took a final deep breath and determined to plunge into it as swiftly as possible. You were struck by a strong gust of wind, which whipped you into a swirling golden chaos.

    There is no turning back now.

    ∽

    In the center of the city, a cluster of buildings stood tall, reflecting both the blue and the white-silver clouds. Then there were the vehicles that traveled the streets, which constantly emitted light and made loud engine noises. Although it was different from Asgard, your current home, it was also a sight to behold.

    Despite the realm's beauty, you were able to spot a flaw—the noisy and crowded pavements. There was not a single moment when these careless Midgardians did not push you around. It was nearly impossible to pass without being smushed.