chapter three

You've been contemplating whether to turn around and return to Loki in search of answers or to leave him alone as he requested

You've been contemplating whether to turn around and return to Loki in search of answers or to leave him alone as he requested. You may not choose to admit it, but leaving him there as he looked terrible does not feel right. However, you kept wondering if this would simply make you a fool.

"Has he ever spoken to you while I was away?" You shifted your gaze to Thor. "I'm sure you asked him something."

"I did, but it resulted in us quarreling... like it always does." Thor patted your shoulder softly. "I am sorry, Y/N. I can attempt again the next time."

You swiveled around to take another look at Loki. He remained seated on the floor, constantly hitting his head against the wall. The sight of him inflicting pain on himself was too much for you to bear.

You came to a halt before reaching the door. "I'd like to speak to him," you finally tell Thor. "In private, this time. Please?"

"How is it possible to decline a plea from you? I guess I can make that happen as long as you don't take too long." Thor grinned. "I'll meet you at the elevator."

You watched Thor exit from the room and dashed to Loki as soon as he left. You placed your hand on the glass barrier that was separating you from him. Your hands emitted dark fumes of gas as they slowly dissolve the wall into nothingness.

You entered his cell and covered his head to stop him from hitting it. "Can you do me a favour and stop doing that?"

Loki raised his eyes and froze when he saw you. "Y/N? What are you doing here? Where has Thor gone?"

"I tolf him that I want to speak with you privately," you explained. "What were you doing just now? It's unusual to see you miserable and accept it."

Loki smiled and stood up. "Did you, perhaps, miss me, darling?

"Are you serious? You're asking me if-"

"What made you look for me?" Loki questioned abruptly, interrupting you. "You can't help but return to me, can't you?"

"Rather than the other way around, I should be the one asking you questions. You're the one who left."

Loki gave a blank stare. "I can't answer you, Y/N. Please, just drop that subject already."

"If this is about Laufey-"

"No, enough of this talk." Loki cut you off. "If you don't mind, I'd like to be alone."

You sighed and closed your eyes. It was pointless to press him for information. Loki has no intention of connecting with you.

"You are not my husband," you muttered, your voice slightly cracked. "Alone, is it? Then suit yourself."

You did not allow Loki to utter another word and immediately left his cell with a heavy heart. That man in that room is not the man to whom you were married. He is different, and you have discover why.

Thor was peering into the laboratory's numerous weaponry as you returned. Thor may be a god and a prince of Asgard, but you can't deny that he has a soft heart and endearing nature.

"A snake!" you shouted. "Kidding. It's me. Have you discovered anything interesting in there?"

Thor leaped to his feet in response to your sudden appearance. "Y/N! Do you feel satisfied to surprise me in this manner?"

You laughed at his silly response. "When I saw you staring at those weapons, you looked like a child. It'd be a shame if I didn't spoil your moment."

"That is precisely why you and my brother are destined to be together. Both of you find trouble a little bit too enjoyable." Thor smiled back, shaking his head. "How did it go with my brother?"

"What are you referring to?"

You were fully aware of what he was talking about, but you attempted to appear confused instead. Simply hearing his name brings your mood down to Helheim, and discussing about him will only do the worse.

"You know, that private talk with my brother."

You shook your head. "We are not having that discussion, Thor."

You and Thor entered the elevator together. You hoped he would refrain from pursuing the issue further, but knowing him, that is simply impossible.

"Come on," he pleaded. "Perhaps something happened to cause you to keep it so private."

"Enough, Thor. Nothing happened-"

"Did you exchange kisses?"

"THOR!"

Thor eventually burst out laughing as the elevator descended. You were going to lecture him when the elevator door opened in front of a group of people. More precisely, the Avengers.

"Oh, there you are! Come on, kid. I'm going to take you to my tower. Actually, am I allowed to call you a kid? I mean, you are a thousand years older, aren't you?"

You recognized the man who first spoke to you. It was Tony Stark, the man with an undeniable desire for shawarma.

"It's fine. You may call me with anything you'd like to use."

"Excellent! Someone who can handle my humour. Well, what are we waiting for? You'll be riding with Thor. Don't worry, he will not drive." Tony made a sneering face. "Just imagine the damage he'd do if he drives."

You exited the building with the rest of them. Outside, a line of black vehicles were formed. If you recall correctly, they are referred to as cars in this realm.

Thor entered the third car from the end, and you followed him inside. There was already a Midgardian seated in front, and you assumed that he'll be the one escorting you to this so-called Stark Tower. After hearing it from Thor, you're intrigued to learn more about that place.

"How long have you been at this location?" You asked of Thor.

Thor stared at the car's ceiling as though contemplating, then replied, "Perhaps a few months? I came here as soon as I realized what Loki was up to, but he told me nothing about it."

"You know, you should have informed me first before fleeing to Midgard."

"I expected that you would be aware, Y/N. Apart from that, you are my brother's wife. I am still surprised that you're currently in bad terms with him."

"Surprising, isn't it?" You sighed. "I am his wife, but I have no idea about anything."

After a few moments of silence, the car pulled to a complete stop. When you peered through the glass window, you were welcomed by an immense building standing proudly in front of you. The Stark Tower.