chapter four

The Stark tower was enormous

The Stark tower was enormous. Its walls were made of glass and metal, which allowed for a better view of their realm. As you enter the building, you are greeted by a voice rather than servants. After only a few minutes in this area, you are impressed.

Tony walked you to the living room, that already had a couple of the Avengers seated comfortably on the couch. You noticed that Natasha was holding a bottle which appeared to be liquor and Clint was sitting on the floor surrounded by cushions. They seem to be highly familiar and at ease in the place.

"So, who the hell is this talk of the town?" Clint exclaimed as you took a sit with them.

"Talk of the town?" you ask. "Me? How is that?"

"Everyone has been bewitched by your beauty since you came." Nat took a sip of her drink. "Can't blame them though."

A loud laugh erupted beside you. You've just noticed that it was Thor who was also holding a bottle similar to Nat's. "Even Midgardians are affected by you. No one can escape your charming aura."

"Oh, really? Even you, Thor?"

"He won't admit it," Nat muttered.

Thor spit a bit of his drink. "That is not-"

"Told you."

"Hey, hey. Enough." Tony intervened, preventing Thor from responding to your question now that his face is flushed. "We should be the ones questioning her."

"What would you like to know?"

"Come on, Stark. Why are you in a rush?" Clint asked. "Why don't you introduce yourself first?"

You gave him a small grin as you rose to your feet and faced everyone. "I am Y/N Vanadís," you introduced yourself. "I am a friend of Thor and I come from Asgard."

"So, you're actually, you know, that guy's-"

"Wife? No, I no longer call myself his wife."

"Divorce is a thing in Asgard?" Clint said in a surprised manner. "Cool."

The usage of foreign words left you perplexed with no way to respond. Instead, you turned to Thor with raised a brow. Fortunately, Thor understood what you meant.

"Oh, yes! They're still together," Thor answered. "But knowing their confusing attitudes, you can never be certain."

"Funny, Thor. We are no longer together. He left me. I simply need to be by his side because I am unable to abandon the responsibilities I acquired when I married the prince of Asgard," you explain. "I just don't like being referred to as his wife anymore."

"Oh, like you're just cooling off then? You two are really are confusing."

"Cooling off?" Your brow furrowed as you attempt to digest Clint's words once more. "I honestly don't understand what you've been saying this entire time, but I guess we are.. cooling off."

"So, you're like them? Gods and goddesses," Tony inserted himself into the conversation, putting himself between you and Clint. "Let me guess. The goddess of sky? Darkness? No, how about beauty? It has to be beauty."

"I am, indeed, the goddess of beauty," you agreed. "But I am also associated to love, war, and death."

The Avengers, except for Thor and Nat, exchanged glances. Clint reached for a pillow and straightened his back, as Tony looked around and checked his empty wrist, and Steve shifted his gaze away from the book he was reading.

"Why? Have I said anything wrong?"

"Don't worry about it," Nat assured. "They're just scared of getting their asses kicked."

"Huh, what? Who's scared?" Tony asked. "Definitely not me. Never."

"Who's getting kicked?"

A voice rose from the room's entrance. A man stood outside the doorway, and it was difficult to make out his face due to the room's darkness where he stand. He was nothing more than a silhouette, until he took a step forward in the living room. As soon as he noticed you, he froze on his feet before he could reach the center of the room.

"Oh, god. Is she real?"

A bunch of laughter burst, one of which came from you.

"This never gets old!" Thor exclaimed. "Told you this works on everyone, but not me, alright! No, not me."

"Shut up, Thor. Just admit that you had a moment where you admired me."

"That is not true!"

You ignored Thor and turned your attention to the stranger who had just entered the room and was still staring at you.

"It's going to get rather scary if you keep staring like that."

He blinked several times and shook his head before regaining his composure. "I... I am," he stammered. "I'm sorry. I am not like this all the time."

"Back in our days together, Buck has been killing all the ladies with his charm," Steve said.

"Well his charm is malfunctioning right now." Tony added.

"It's alright," you chuckled. "Hello. I am Y/N, and you are?"

"James Buchanan Barnes. But you can call me Buck. I mean Bucky, yeah, Bucky."

"A pleasure to meet you, Bucky. Are you a part of their group?"

Bucky took a quick look in the direction you pointed. "Oh, the Avengers? No. I just got away from.. a place. They used to call me the winter soldier."