The Time Travelers POV

I always hated the nether, especially ever since the accident. It was a humid dark place with the only light coming from the bright burning lava down below. I've only ever been once or twice and both times I felt alone and afraid. Yes I had my brother with me but that doesn't make the feeling just go away.

We always were a brave duo my brother and I, but ever since the accident we tried to act like things were the same but they just weren't. The only other person we had was each other. He tried to act confident and brave for me and I for him, but we both saw through each other's act. I could tell that he was confused and emotional after the accident, meanwhile I felt lonely and heartbroken.

Things had just started to get normal again, or as close as you can get to normal with something like that. We grew closer together, somehow more than we already were. We were twins after all.

Just when I thought things were getting better or normal again he left. He just left one day, without even much of an explanation as to where or why. I felt like I understood why for some reason, even though I felt like I should have been mad or even upset but the only feeling I was feeling at that moment was loneliness.

I had decided to leave my brother alone, if he wanted to talk to me he would have to come back. That was until I started to get these long vivid dreams. I would wake up in a cold sweat, sometimes forget things like what my name was or where I was supposed to be. I tried to ignore them but they started to happen more frequently. I thought my brother might know what was happening, or at least I hoped he did. This thought of him knowing what was happening to me was more for me to see him than to actually find out if he knew what was going on. The chances of him knowing what was happening were slim and I knew that but didn't want to believe it, at this point I wanted any dumb excuse to see him.

I finally decided after a few weeks to leave my house and go out searching for my lost twin. After a few days of searching I stumbled upon a small quaint house that had smoke coming out of the chimney. I would have never knocked but I was feeling very sick from traveling without rest for the past few days and I was afraid I would pass out if I walked another hundred feet. I trudged up to the door of the small house and knocked. The door opened to show a brown haired boy that looked all too familiar, the next thing I knew my legs were collapsing below me and everything went black.

I felt something damp on my forehead as my eyes fluttered open. While my eyes adjusted to the bright light above me, I felt discombobulated. I looked around confused on what was going on and where I was. I looked around until my eyes landed on a figure standing next to a bookshelf across the room. The figure turned around and made eye contact with me, I immediately felt like passing out again.

"Hey Cloud's..." The figure said putting the book they were holding down. I stared blankly at the figure registering what was happening and who they were.

"Hi." I said adjusting myself on the couch so I was sitting up.

"Long time no see." They said not walking over to me, just shifting their weight onto their left foot from their right.

I stayed silent. I didn't know what to say. They started to take a few steps closer to me until they sat down on the other end of the couch. They opened their mouth a few times as if they were about to speak but they immediately closed it again every time. After a few more painful seconds they spoke again.

"So.. why are you here...?" They said averting eye contact. It took me a couple seconds but I finally responded.

"If I'm being completely honest I'm not really sure." I said looking at my hands as I fiddled with one of the many rings on my finger's. They looked at me confused but didn't say anything. "So how are you? You seem to be doing pretty well." They kept their eyes on me as they contemplated on what to say.

"I'm doing pretty good, I guess. How about you?" I finally made eye contact with them as they said this.

"Good." I didn't know what to say, I didn't want to make it awkward but it kinda already was. Needless to say I felt very uncomfortable as shown by my eyes turning a shade of orange. They must have noticed because they started to speak.

"Orange. What emotion does that mean again?" I felt hurt by this, to say the least. For them to be someone who uste to know the colors that appeared in my eyes when I felt emotion so well, to now they probably don't even know what color showed when I felt happiness. My eyes turned to a purplish blue, which was the color that showed when I felt saddened.

"Oh.. umm well it means uncomfortable/awkward." While I said this I trailed off so hopefully they didn't hear what the last words were. They seemed to notice the purplish blue color my eyes had become because they looked away not wanting to see my eyes anymore.

"Sorry I must have forgotten I know you don't really like talking about it." It's true I didn't like talking about how my eyes changed when I felt emotion. I felt that it was a weakness, letting people know how you felt. We both seemed to be in thought for a moment or two until they spoke again as they made eye contact with me again. "Clouds? Are you sure there's not a reason you came to see your brother out of the blue?" I cringed at his words, it felt weird for me to think of him as my brother as I tried to forget over the past year.

"Well I guess you could say there's some things going on." He looked at me confused as my eyes turned back to their original color which was one eye light blue while the other was hazel. He didn't speak while he waited for me to go on. "I've been having these dreams." He looked at me and asked.

"What kind of dreams?" He looked genuinely concerned as he said this. I averted my eyes from his gaze back to my hands.

"I don't really know how to explain it. They feel so real and are always very vivid." He again didn't speak while he waited for me to go on. "The dreams will always be in some weird time era that's not this one and will include people i've never seen before. I always wake up from them in a cold sweat and sometimes I don't remember things, to be more exact my name or where I am. There's other little things I forget as well, and I'll either remember them in a few minutes or later in the day."

I looked at him with pleading eyes as I was starting to grow more afraid of these so-called dreams. He looked at me with an expression that gave off too many emotions to count, he somehow looked confused, sorrowful, and amazed all at the same time. A couple of moments passed and still no sound came from him. He just got up and walked over to his bookshelf and picked up the book he had in his hands earlier, he began skimming through the pages as if he was looking for something. My eyes followed him,

"Please... Say something.." Nothing but silence came from the boy as he kept on turning pages.

"Say something! You're scaring me." I said a little louder in the hopes that he just didn't hear me last time, he didn't even look phased he just kept on flipping the pages.

"FOR HEAVEN SAKE'S KARL ATLEAST LOOK AT ME!!"

He had finally looked up from the book he had seemed to be so interested in only moments before. My eyes changed into a magenta color as I started to feel scared. He looked into my eyes and looked sad that he had caused this color transformation. He made his way over to me, then sat down next to me. He looked at me with a sorrowful expression and hugged me. I was taken back a bit by the sudden comforting gesture, it took me a moment to hug back but when I finally did my eyes had turned normal by this point when he said.

"It's going to be okay Cloud's we'll figure this out together." I didn't really know what we were going to figure out together but all I knew was that I had my brother back.

.

.

.

.

(Hey Author here! This chapter was to get to know the amazing time traveler! This will be mostly written from Nimbvx's point of view so it won't be confusing.  They're still going to be a main character though so don't worry! There's going to be a bit more of her pov but not tons.