What The Worldbuild Is Like

I might need some ideas for this one, having already come up with some previous worlds for the past year since I started working on my first conlang, Nying.

My first attempt at a world build involved connecting the Earth's continents during the previous ice age to each other based on the "land bridge theory" section of the article on Wikipedia for land bridges, then inverting the map to create a lot of interesting shapes. Later on, I'd create a different version. Before inverting the map, I would add in some of the hypothesized lost continents like Atlantis, Zealandia, Mu, and Lemuria, and some more land bridges, but not too many. Then I would invert the map once again.

My second idea involved a mix between a Dungeons and Dragons thing and a retro-futuristic/modern-futuristic world, kind of like what is seen in Onward, but kind of actually mixes the societies seen in Tolkien's works and X-Men: Days of Future Past. Three languages are the main languages of three independent semi-imperialist nations competing against an empire spanning the rest of the world I'm currently describing. Its territories' peoples are blind loyalists who speak the language I made completely from scratch and think it's the original language of the entire race when they're dead wrong. That empire had plans to use powerful-enough technologies to bring the world's continents together to ensure their dominance. The other three nations, despite having done bad things that aren't as bad as what the big one has done, wish to stop it.

I already wrote my third world on Wattpad. If you don't recall, it was a modern version of another one. Like, imagine this world discovering something and creating considered retro/modern-futuristic technologies in a similar manner to Wakanda in the MCU, and discovering our world during a time when Middle English was spoken, leaving some technologies behind for the Europeans, and other continents to find. Later on, some people would discover the other world, and new types of technology would be discovered, along with the magic that can be produced by necromancers. Over time, new types of machines would be developed, some being able to conduct magic as certain humans can.

It is unknown if the Industrial Revolution would still happen, even the way it did in our timeline. Yet, I feel as though the British, Spanish, French, Portuguese, etc could still form empires in the New World, and in the other world, using the technologies left behind. The other world could colonize this one as well, and maybe create some trade deals with the other one. A mix between retro-futurism, modern-futurism, and what Tolkein's worlds and Onward portrayed, with technology and magic becoming hybridized. Take that, Ralph Bakshi! (If any of you have seen his film Wizards, you might catch my drift.)

Then there is my fourth world build, which was inspired by the Refugium. It is one where stars are small existing high up in the sky but not too far into space. The biggest stars act as "suns" for many of the inhabitants, with orbiting moons to darken some regions since the inhabitants need sleep. They die out naturally, but new stars succeed them thanks to pockets of energy existing in our world rising to the skies. The world itself, like Asgard as seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, is "flat", but still with an underground and a gravitational pull. Like Minecraft worlds, there could be layers of bedrock to prevent people from falling to their deaths.

There are humans in the world along with non-physical entities. Some of the non-physical entities are human-looking, while others are Picasso-style, inspired by the Jerry's from Disney-Pixar's Soul. I'm thinking of including other humanoid entities. As for resources, asteroids would crash onto the world with metals and other elements needed for technological advancements, with metals also being between the surface and the bedrock, with metals being preserved by nations for later usage in life.

In the present age, many people have technologically evolved, something like a mix between a retro-futuristic world similar to The Jetsons(but different) and the world shown in The Legend of Korra(but without any benders). In more detail, it's steampunk and looks like the roaring '20s, with the futuristic technology being the same types that Americans during the 50s thought would exist in the future at the time, but in different forms that feel more alien and modern, yet still have a retro feel for people of the real world. With new types of technology, albeit steampunk or retro-futuristic, new machines could exist to locate pockets of energy that have naturally generated and dig up the holes to let the energy out and establish new stars.

However, in later years, either as a result of lots of the inhabitants making the decisions having an impact on the world, or as dictated by nature itself, the natural generation is slowly coming to an end, and there won't be any energy left to lead to the formation of new stars. So some desperate nations would capture certain beings and extract their energies to create the new stars, which is a very dark idea in many works of fiction. Others develop machines that use soundwaves to create the needed energies for creating the stars. These events would eventually lead to war.

I might need some good ideas for this new one, based on the map that is the top image for this chapter. If you guys have any ideas, comment down below.