Chapter 8

-Mizuki POV-

"Grandpa called" said Tohru when she told the Sohma's the news. "He said the renovations are wrapping up"
"They worked surprisingly fast" said Shigure.

"Yes. The exterior walls aren't done, but most of the work's complete. So, it's ready to live in" said Tohru. "Grandpa said that we could come back"
'I don't want to... I like Tohru's grandpa, but not the others of her family'

I looked down at my hands, I was fiddling with my sleeves.
"I should get start cooking" I said and stood up.
"Mizuki, we could scrap something up" said Shigure. "Or better yet, why don't we go out to eat instead?"

"It'll be fine" I said. "I already have all the ingredients I need"
"I'll help you" said Tohru and we went to the kitchen.

Tohru stared at the kettle, it reminded me of the time she cooked while she was sick. Kyoko was so mad at her.
"I'm sure grandpa's house is looking great now! We can be happy there too" said Tohru.
"Well, anything's got to be better than living in a tent" I said.

~

"There's some leftover salted fish in the fridge" said Tohru, the next day we would be moving... "It'll go bad before too long. You'll probably want to pick up soy sauce from the store soon. Oh, and garbage day changed recently, so keep that in mind. What else? Ehm... right, here"

She moved a piece of paper over the table.
"This is my grandfather's address. I'll leave it with you just in case" she said.
"I guess tomorrow is the big day" said Shigure. "You both have done so much for us. Thank you"

"No, thank you" said Tohru. "And I promise. You can trust us. We'll take the Sohma family secret to our graves"
"You'll enjoy being home again, won't you?" asked Shigure.

"Oh, yes. I'll settle back in just fine" said Tohru and they looked at me.
"I'll be fine" I said.
"Well, we should pack up our room and get ready for moving day" said Tohru and I followed her upstairs.

I looked at my stuff, I put away the drawings that were on my nightstand.
"I'll be fine" I told myself again.
I took out the drawing of the roses and left it in the room.

~

"The place looks great" said Tohru when we walked inside her grandfather's house.
"Thank you, for letting us stay" I said.
"We're glad to have you, Kyoko, Mizuki" said her grandfather.
"Come on, grandpa. That's Tohru" said Tohru's niece.

-Yuki POV-

"Apparently they're gone" said Shigure the next morning. "Not terribly sentimental as goodbye's go"
I put my shoes on and went to the garden. I had woken up and found Miss Hirose's room empty, except for one drawing, of the roses...

"Really? Mizu-chan loves strawberries!"
"Your kindness lights up like a candle"
I stared at the garden, I felt empty with them gone...

-Mizuki POV-

Tohru and I were sharing a room, and we slowly put our stuff away.
"Oh, Mizuki! Kyoko! They're calling for you two downstairs" said Tohru her grandfather.
We walked downstairs and I could feel the tension.

"We're here" I said.
"That's right, we did" said Tohru's aunt. "We need to discuss this sooner rather than later. The thing is Tohru, Mizuki. I hear, you two were living unchaperoned in a single man's home. I had a private detective investigate"

"Living with a guy?!" shouted Tohru's niece. "You're kidding! And I thought between the three of us I was the more mature one!"
"Wait, a private detective? To follow us? But why do that?" asked Tohru.