Chapter 13

-Mizuki POV-

"Thanks for the soup, Tohru" said Shigure. "It's divine"
"I'm so glad you like it" said Tohru.
Kyo quietly came downstairs.

"Hello, Kyo" said Tohru. "Good morning"
"Hey, come and eat breakfast" said Shigure.
"Better hurry, or it'll all be gone" said Yuki.

"Don't you want breakfast?" asked Tohru.
"Not hungry" said Kyo.
"But..." began Tohru.

"He can starve if he wants to" said Yuki.
"I wonder what's wrong" said Tohru.

~

It was the day before Valentine, but since Valentine fell on a weekend day... the girls were crazy today...
I wanted to give Yuki something, I had finished a drawing of the sunrise on new year's day. But I hadn't found the courage to give it to him...

"Heh, there's only one" said Hanajima when Yuki opened his locker.
"That's a let-down" said Uotani. "I figured that the Prince's locker would be filled to bursting"
"With what?" asked Yuki.

"Chocolates, I was expecting a whole avalanche to spill out" said Uotani.
"I believe, I know what happened" said Hanajima. "What we have here is a clear case of the cook-cook phenomenon. Just as a cook-cook chick will take over a birds nest and dump out its eggs. Each girl has tossed out the previous girl's chocolate in order to draw attention to her own. Allow me to present exhibit A"

She pointed at the trashcan that was filled with chocolate...
"That's kind of creepy" I said.
"And I will be the hawk that swoops in to sweep the final sugary offering" said Hanajima.
"Shouldn't Yuki get at least some of his chocolates?" I asked.

~

The girls in the class were scary...
"Mizuki, are you okay?" asked Hanajima. "Your waves are agitated"
"I guess I don't really like the atmosphere here right now..." I whispered. "It has me on edge"

I was rubbing my arms because my scars were hurting.
"Kyon kyon!" shouted a girl and ran to Kyo. "Here, I brought these for you"
She handed over the chocolate.

"Wow, Yuki is not the only one" said Tohru, she had noticed me calling Yuki by his first name, and took it over without realising.
"Go carrots, that girl is in love" said Uotani. "So, are you two giving them chocolates too?"

"I made a drawing for Yuki. But I haven't given it to him. I made a drawing for Shigure as well. I thought they would be sick of all the chocolate they were going to get. So I thought I'd do something different" I smiled. "I'm making something for the two of you as well. But you'll get it next week"

"Same here, I was planning to give your chocolate on Monday if that's okay" smiled Tohru.
"I look forward to it" smiled Hanajima.
"Merci beaucoup" said Uotani.

Suddenly Kyo stood up and looked scared... terrified...
He tried to ran out of the classroom, but our teacher stopped him.
"Don't know where you think you're going" said Miss Shiraki. "But your desk is over there"

"Just let me go you old hag!" shouted Kyo.
"What's that? Sounds like I've got a student who's in need of an attitude adjustment" she said. "Maybe dyeing that orange hair would help curve your disobedience streek. But the good news is I came prepared"

'Did she actually bring haircolouring with her for Kyo?'
"Unless you want a make-over I suggest you sit down" she said.

~

When school was over, we walked down the stairs outside and saw Kagura.
Kyo ran away and Kagura ran after him.
'Oh that's why' I realised.
"Figured" said Yuki.

~

"Well, it's Valentine's after all" said Kagura when we were back at Shigure's house. "An important day for couples to spend together"
"Not a couple" said Kyo.