Chapter 25

-Mizuki POV-

I felt rain on my face.
"It's starting to rain again" I said. "I wonder if Kyo and Kagura are almost back"
Yuki and I walked back to the house.

Tohru wanted to stay back at the house.
"No need to worry, Kagura can carry him if he can't make it" said Yuki.
"I would love to see that" I chuckled.

I suddenly bumped into Yuki, I hadn't seen that he had stopped walking.
"Is something wrong?" I asked.
We saw a man with long hair at the front door.

"I didn't know he was back" said Yuki.
"Oh, so you know him then?" I asked.
"That's enough!" I heard Kyo shout, I saw the door open and Tohru walked outside. "We already hold hands the whole way here! You know how I hate it whenever people get clingy!"

"Of course I do, but that's no fun" said Kagura.
"Kyo" said the man. "You look well, Kyo"
Kyo just stared at him. "Master..."

~

"This is a pleasant surprise" said Shigure when we were back inside. "How have you been?"
"Fine, thank you" said the man. "And I hear that life as a novelist has been treating you well"
"Oh, I get by" laughed Shigure.

Tohru gave the man some tea.
"Thank you very much" he said.
"Of course" she smiled.

"Sensei" said Kagura. "I'm glad you're back. It's been so long"
"It has. But you've been well, I hope" said the man.
"It's... good to see you, sensei" said Yuki.

"Hello there, Yuki. You're so much taller than I remember. You've grown" said the man.
"Oh, Tohru, Mizuki. I'm sorry" said Shigure. "This is Kazuma Sohma. The family's martial arts instructor. He's taught Yuki, Kagura here, Haru and others. He's Kyo's master"

"Oh, I didn't realise" said Tohru.
"If you don't mind" said Kazuma. "May I please call you Tohru and Mizuki?"
"Of course" I said and smiled.

"Please do!" said Tohru. "It's nice to meet you"
"I've heard a lot about you two" said Kazuma. "I believe you know about the Zodiac spirits?"
"Yes, we do" said Tohru.

"Ah, but how much?" said Kazuma and I frowned.
"Hey, Kyo" said Shigure. "Maybe you should stop sulking in the corner and greet your master. You haven't seen him since you trained in the mountains, have you? Aren't you happy to be reunited?"

"I..." said Kyo, he stood up and looked at Yuki before walking out of the room.
"Is something wrong?" asked Tohru.
"Could you tell me which room belongs to Kyo?" asked Kazuma.

"Oh, sure. You just go up the stairs and take a right. I'd be happy to show you" said Tohru.
"No, I can manage on my own, thank you" said Kazuma and left the room.
Kagura and Shigure began to laugh.

"That's classy Kyo" said Shigure.
"Totally" said Kagura.
"We're missing something" I said.
"It's really cute, Kyo is actually really happy to see his master again" explained Kagura. "But he would probably rather die than let us see it. Especially with Yun-chan hanging around"

~

"Sensei will be staying the night, won't he?" said Kagura. "Me too! It's like a slumber party!"
"It's not! Go home would you" said Kyo.
"I think he's staying, but where do you think we should put his futon?" asked Tohru.

"Maybe he can share Shigure's room?" I proposed.
Yuki opened the door to Shigure's study. "No. Definitely not"
"Well, I guess that means he and Kyo will have to bunk together" said Kagura.

"Heh? Why can't he sleep here in the living room?" said Kyo.
"I'll go ask him!" said Kagura and ran out of the room.
"Come back!" shouted Kyo.