Chapter 22

-Mizuki POV-

Tohru and I walked up the stairs.
We were talking about our jobs, it was our day off.
But suddenly, Shigure's editor ran past us.

"Okay, he's messing with her again" I sighed.
"Oh no!" we heard someone scream. "The bottom of my bag broke! This is a disaster!"
"Don't worry" I said and began picking up the books.

"We'll be more than happy to give you a hand" said Tohru and helped me.
"No, that's far too much to ask of you" said the woman.
"Nonsense" said Tohru. "It's good to help each other out when we face problems"

"Forgive me" said the woman. "It doesn't matter where I am. I always cause problems for the people around me. I shouldn't be taking up space, or using up oxygen"
"Eh, wow" I said. "No need to be so drastic"

"I apologise!" she shouted. "Not just to you two, but to the entire world! I'm sorry!"
"Are you Ri-chan?" asked Tohru.
The woman screamed. "Am I so horrible that even strangers on the street know what my name is?!"

"Why are you here Ri-chan?" asked Shigure suddenly.
She began to apologise again, it was kind of freaking me out...

~

"What a rare treat this is" said Shigure when we finally got inside. "You're usually so timid. Not the sort to drop in out of the blue"
"Yes, sorry for barging in" said Ri-chan. "And for causing Mizuki and Tohru so much trouble because I overloaded my bag"

"No, we were happy to help" said Tohru. "And even happier to meet you"
"So, why the impromptu visit?" asked Shigure.
"No, this is terrible. I must be intruding on you" said Ri-chan.

"Mhm" said Shigure and Ri-chan wanted to run away. "I'm just kidding"
"You're enjoying this a bit too much" I said.
"So, what's on your mind?" asked Shigure when Ri-chan had calmed down.

"Well, you see..." said Ri-chan. "Most of the other members of the Zodiac had already met Tohru and Mizuki since they started living here. So I figured it would be rude of me if I didn't introduce myself to them. My name is Ritsu Sohma. You know my mother from the hot spring you went to. It's such a pleasure to meet you"

"No, the pleasure is all mine. My name is Tohru Honda" said Tohru.
"It's nice to meet you, my name is Mizuki Hirose" I said.
"Ah, right, it's not nearly enough" said Ri-chan.

"Oh! You brought a gift" said Shigure.
"Yes, but I didn't know what fruit you would like, so I got you two some books on fruit instead" said Ri-chan and gave us the books. "I hope you find them enjoyable"

We were all silent.
"Or not!" said Ri-chan. "I'm sorry, this must be a terrible present, absurdly rude"
"Well, yeah, it kind of is" said Shigure.

Ri-chan freaked out again, it was kind of scaring me at this point...
"I knew I shouldn't have come here today. Why am I making you put up with my stupidity?" she said.
"Don't be so hard on yourself" said Shigure.

"Yes, he's right" said Tohru. "We're excited to meet you, Ri-chan. So don't you worry! The fact that you came to visit us, makes us truly happy"
"She's right" I said.

"You two are so kind" said Ri-chan. "Thanks for that"
"I see you still take after your mother" said Shigure. "The two of you panic so easily. You're going to be a working adult soon. You can't keep constantly act on edge in the real world"

"I know" said Ri-chan. "I apologise"
"With that in mind. Maybe it'd be wise for you to grow a little more backbone" said Shigure.
"Yes! I hope too. I want real confidence in myself, more than anything" said Ri-chan. "And maybe one day... I'll be overflowing with self-assurance, just like Aya is. Wouldn't that be wonderful?"