Chapter 15

Sangwoo swiftly went to answer the door. You heard it open and then a blood-curdling scream. The scream made chills go down as you knew the scream, you knew it very well. It was Saki. As fast as you could you ran to the door to try and investigate, but you were too late, all you saw was Saki being carried into the basement.

Saki was your dearest friend. You wanted to save her. The sole problem was that she was in the basement. Sangwoo had specifically said that you must not under any circumstances go in the basement. In all honesty, you were frightened by his punishments. He could very easily kill you. But what about Saki, a little part of your brain nagged. So you just stood there pondering what to do. Do you leave Saki down there and feel guilty for the rest of your life or do you go down there and possibly risk both of your lives?

"y/n!" your thoughts were disturbed by Sangwoo calling you from the basement. "Yes," you replied softly. "Can you come down here?" he shouted. You knew it would be worse to defy him, so you did as told. Slowly you made your way down the rickety stairs. It was extremely dark in the basement, so you couldn't really see. All you could make out were two shapes you believed to Saki and Sangwoo. As you got closer things started to become more clear.

Suddenly you saw it. Saki was tied to a chair with Sangwoo looming above her. Saki's mouth was gagged and her legs and arms were bound to the chair. You couldn't stand to look at her like that and knew this meant trouble for you, so you slowly started to back away. Obviously, there was no way Sangwoo would allow you to get away with that, so he quickly stomped over to you. In one swift motion, he picked you up and placed you down in front of Saki. You couldn't look into her eyes. Your mind was racing, you couldn't possibly believe Sangwoo persuaded her to come over. He probably misled her.

You were so distracted by your thoughts that you hadn't realized that Sangwoo had tied your hand around a beam. It was only when he moved away from that you realized. You had no idea what he was going to do to you and Saki, but you hoped it would end quickly. You hoped an angel would swoop in and save you. But that, unfortunately, wasn't an option, since you were facing the devil himself. It made you sick to your stomach the way he was still smiling. He clearly experienced some morbid thrill from stuff like this.

It wasn't long before the torture started. The torture wasn't on you. It was on Saki. You had to sit there and watch. Her cries and screams were muffled but still could be heard through the gag. Sangwoo started by pulling out all of her nails. It was like you could feel what she felt, you and Saki screamed together. You were screaming for Sangwoo to stop, but he wouldn't, he just carried on.

Saki was slashed and beaten. Her body was covered in cuts and bruises. After around an hour, Saki had stopped screaming through exhaustion, but that didn't stop you. You wouldn't stop until you could scream any more. You could merely hope that Sangwoo would get tired of your relentless screaming and stop.

The final blow hit very hard. You heard Saki's quivering breaths grow quieter. You had stopped screaming, silent tears streamed down your face. "Don't blame yourself... goodbye y/n" although Saki's words were barely a whisper they seemed to feel like she screamed them. She was a good person right up until the very end. You watched her exhale her last faint breaths until a deafening silence hung over the room. The sole thing that could be heard was Sangwoo's slight panting from exhaustion.

Once again tears fell from your eyes. You started to sob loudly, you couldn't believe that he could be that heartless. Sangwoo turned towards you, you watched as his smiling face turned into one of confusion. He started to walk towards you. His steps were small, but the sound seemed to echo loudly throughout the room. Chills ran down your spine as he got closer and closer. It was terrified you just watched this man torture and murder your best friend and his attention was now turned to you. You had no idea whether you were going to survive.

Sangwoo kneeled in front of you, cupping your cheeks in his hand. You could feel the wet blood from his hand's imprint on your face. It was terrifying that your best friend's blood now covering your cheeks. Tears still leaked out of your eyes, but your face had now contorted into one of anger. Sangwoo's eyes were filled with both confusion and worry. It was like he couldn't recognize why you were crying.

Quickly Sangwoo released your sore hands. You winced when you tried moving them as they were severely bruised from you struggling against the rope. Once again Sangwoo lent down in front of you, this time however he didn't touch you he merely stared at you. He just watched you cry. At this point you had zoned out that Sangwoo was even there, you were just allowing the tears to overcome you.

After a while, everything goes black...

Sangwoo's pov~

I was so puzzled as to why she was crying. I would have thought she would be overjoyed by me getting rid of someone that hurt her. To my surprise, she seemed extremely upset. She also seemed outraged. I watched as she cried and cried and cried, she cried for hours.

After a long while, the crying ceased, and she fell asleep. Carefully I picked her up and transported her upstairs. Her face was so cute, tear lines, and Saki's blood plastered it. Once upstairs I changed her and placed her in my bed. It was then I noticed the dark bruises that covered her wrist. I silently cursed as I realized I must have tied the rope too tight. I decided I would leave it as it was quite late at night. I changed and clambered into bed. Cuddling up against y/n, I could hear her small breaths and the pitter-patter of her heart.

She's so precious and will be mine for forever.