03. i wanna be saved

"I want to go the park." Jisoo declared as she wiped her fingers clean of hotdog grease. Taehyung uncapped his bottle of water, eyeing her sideways, waiting for an invitation, which (thankfully), did come.

"Would you like to come, Taehyungssi?" she offered, to which he nodded swiftly, not even thinking about it.

He stood up from the bench they sat on and since he really didn't feel like getting his phone out he went up to the food truck guy and asked do you know where is central park? in his most polite voice. The guy only nodded and pointed him a direction. He nodded and said thank you before walking back to a curious looking Jisoo. "Let's go." he jerked his head, wanting to look cool as he pocketed his hands.

She shot up from her seat with a smile and just about skipped the way Taehyung lead them.

"So what do your members think about your solo?" Jisoo wondered out loud, not wanting the air to be awkward around them during their stroll around the city. Taehyung silently thanked her for breaking the ice first since he clearly couldn't.

"They like it. But it might be only 'cause for now they get to take the backseat while I work." he answered. "And how do you feel about it?" she asked cutely.

He sighed and blew out a puff of air, blowing some of his bangs away from his eyes. "It's nice. It's all great and whatever but it's just that-" he pauses, scrunching his nose. Jisoo just walked along, making sure to let him know she was listening. "It's all just very overwhelming, I guess."

She nodded, pouting. "I get that. I felt that way whenever my drama came out. Of course I had my co-stars around but it still wasn't the same as my members." she comforted, offering him her empathy.

He took it and smiled right back. And then suddenly, green. All green. They had arrived. 

"Hey," he looked onto the sight forward. "We're here."

Jisoo's big brown eyes could only widen at the sight of all those trees. "Wow, so many trees everywhere." she whispered like a kid. She laughed and absentmindedly tugged on Taehyung's sleeve as she looked onward with excited eyes.

"Let's go!"

Looks like we're gonna be doing a lot of walking.

"Spring is my favorite," she said under her breath, looking at all the trees with gleeful delight, like a kid at a toy store almost. He grinned wide. Her smile was a dream that Taehyung never wanted to wake up from. Back in Korea, the beauty was known for her lips after all, so he was sure he wasn't alone in that thought.

He quickly took out his film camera, pointed it to the trees, snapping a photo. Beside him, Jisoo giggled. "My friend Lisa is really into cameras." she said it like he didn't know who the infamous thai girl was. "She has all kinds of them and she's always taking pictures of me."

"I'm really into them too," he scratched the back of his neck, looking at his feet. Left, right, left, right, as they walked. "I can take pictures of you too, i-if you'd like." if Jisoo noticed his ears turning red she didn't comment on it.

"That'd be nice." was all she said in response. Taehyung was willing to take what he could get and smiled to himself.

Suddenly, Jisoo wondered what Lisa was even doing at the moment. Maybe she was unpacking her suitcases, getting distracted every now and then whenever her cats walk by and she just can't help but scratch the top of her head. She laughed inwards at the thought.

Meanwhile, Taehyung beside her stuffed his hands into his pocket, feeling a slight fluttery feeling on the tip of his nose. Oh no, the thought of sneezing in front of one of the most beloved women in all of South Korea occured to him. Honestly, it wouldn't be such a bad thing if his sneezes weren't so explosive. Like he was gonna cough up a lung or something.

He couldn't control it though because, well, it was a sneeze. "HACHOO!"

Since there wasn't a phrase Koreans used whenever someone sneezed, Jisoo just stared at him with wide eyes.

"Bless you, sir," said a little girl walking in front of them who's hand was in her mom's. Taehyung gave her a peachy grin. "Thank you,"

The two quietly continued their walk.

All too well, Jisoo remembers the last time they were next to each other like this. It was whenever they emceed together, both of them three years younger. Really, they had tried to keep in touch after but knew that there was no room for any kind of friendship between them in the industry. Maybe in another life.

One where they weren't held back by their fake smiles on camera, or crazy fans, and paparazzi.

Beside her, Taehyung recalls a memory from the time they spent together as well.

He was 21, and she, 22. He remembers trying his very hardest not to dance his heart out to the most popular song around at the time, which Jisoo happened to sing in. Everyone in the crowd was singing along to Playing with Fire, like it was the national anthem or something. In the end, he couldn't stop himself and saw no point in even trying. 

Anyway, a few more groups after that, came BTS' performance of DNA. After which, Taehyung almost collapsed down the stairs as he immediately made his way back to the MC tent. He took a  towel from his manager and wiped it all over his face before sitting down a cushy chair and letting out breaths that weighed tons.

With his eyes closed, he heard a small concerned "Omo!" come from a low yet female voice. Then, someone tapped his shoulder and he slowly opened his eyes to see an angel. "Uh, Vssi? Are you okay?" she asked worriedly.

Before he could get it together and muster a response, she spoke once more. "You look exhausted. I'll get you something to drink, okay?" he tried to stop her and tell her that his manager was already out by a vending machine but she dashed out the tent on a mission.

Looking back, he realizes that she practically took care of him that whole night. She gave him tips on emceeing since she was obviously a pro and he was just a special guest MC for the event. ("You should look at me when we're talking. Like a conversation." she said. "Try to have fun. People will notice if you're not enjoying." just stuff like that.) Once SBS had sent his management the email, he immediately wondered if he was even good enough to host with the likes of Jinyoung and Jisoo, who were practically inkigayo legends. 

(He wonders if that was when his crush formed. Or if it was even obvious.)

After about five minutes, she was back, holding out a gatorade for him. She saw that he had already gotten a vitamin water, however, the leftover being the empty bottle sitting on his lap. Jisoo was about to retract her hand before he snatched the bottle away from her, clicked the cap open, and downed it all in under two minutes. She watched, absolutely astonished as he wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his blazer.

"Thank you," he bowed slightly from his seat with a smile on his face. "That was refreshing. I hope you didn't run here." he glanced warily at her wrapped up ankle. He wonders briefly how she injured it, quite unfortunately, before her big night. 

She giggled, lighting up the world in effect. "No, I walked cautiously." He nodded in understanding. "That's good. I'm glad. And grateful. You didn't have to do that for me." he patted the empty space on the seat next to him, wanting her to sit down next to him. Surprisingly enough, she did. "Really, it's no big deal, Vssi." she insisted. 

"Call me Taehyung."