04. daydreaming in the city

When Jisoo was young, she always found herself following the rules. She kept her room clean like her mom asked, did the dishes when it was her turn, was always polite to her elders, and basically everything else that a perfect child would do. That's why she was deemed her parents favorite by her siblings. In their eyes, she could do no wrong, because, really, she didn't.

So that's why it was no surprise that when Jisoo debuted, she carefully read over the guidelines her company gave her just to make sure she wasn't breaking any rules. That's when she realized that rules are absolutely bullshit. By the time her dating ban would have been lifted, she would have been halfway through her twenties. And who was her company to tell her to cut out her favorite snacks from her diet?

She couldn't for the life of her understand why her younger self was so hell-bent on being a rule-follower. It certainly didn't get her any better treatment from her company, that's for sure.

Cut to her in her late twenties, now in one of the biggest cities in the world with someone of the opposite sex. Han Sajangnim should see her now.

Acting as their tour guide for the day, Jisoo suggested that they head to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, or most commonly known as the Met. Taehyung, being a sucker for fine arts and being honestly in the mood for just about anything, didn't hesitate to say yes.

She had heard about the Met from Chaeyoung, who told her about the fabulous time she had there when she went not too long ago. Jisoo figured she'd see what all the fuss was about. After that thought, she tried not to think about her members worried due to her separation. She tried to send mind vibrations to Jennie, in hopes that their telepathy would reach all the way from where she was. She only wanted to assure them of her safety.

It wasn't like she could help it, so she tried her best to have a good time so she could tell them stories about what she did upon her return.

"Wanna hit the food court after the art exhibit?" Jisoo noticed that Taehyung liked to eat a lot.

Just after their little stroll in Central Park he popped into a McDonald's real quick for a something he considered a 'pick-me-up'. The pick-me-up in question was a breakfast sandwich and two large Mcflurries. (Note that he got the other one for his companion but she refused, saying something about how she couldn't possibly finish a large, so he convinced himself that he had no choice but to eat both of the ice creams.)

"Yeah sure." she answered, unbuttoning her jacket after entering the warmer inside of the famous building.

They looked at the paintings first and stumbled across a variety of different emotions. Some were erotic, playful, romantic, and even just downright depressing. Through out their findings, she saw the look on Taehyung's face and saw him deeply trying to look for meaning in the works, like he was having a riveting conversation with the creator.

In his head, while looking at a painting with a bright red splotch in the middle, he's reminded of yet another moment with the girl he was spending his day with.

The year was 2018, and their group had already been blowing up in the west, so they couldn't stay in Korea for long. But on December, the month that held the dates of the most prestigious award shows, was when he got to see her again.

Like the painting, his hair had been red back then too, like the top Jisoo wore. She was probably the prettiest girl in the stadium that night. She was trending the next day, if he remembers correctly. He was starting to think that she got prettier every time he saw her, like a curse somehow set upon him for his stupid crush that he still had after a stupid year.

Blackpink's new song had recently just gone viral and they were starting to go to award shows again. Even if you didn't know the song, you knew the dance. He probably didn't have to name it, even.