Bonus 1

"Aye 70!!!" Rudra cheered as he watched the figures on the weighing scale turn.

"Fab!" Annika grinned and clapped as well.

Embarrassed by their behaviour, Shivaay awkwardly got down the scale and rubbed his forehead.

As per the new tradition, they all had assembled in his room to do...well, nothing. Rudra had obsessively taken to keeping a track of Shivaay's weight and he was doing it now as well.

"Well," Om whispered in his ear. "It's a better number than last week's 69."

Shivaay shot him a look and in an equally quiet voice, answered, "Shut up."

"I am so happy!" Pinky chirped. "Didn't I tell you that having dry fruit milk is nice? You had it for three days and you piled up so instantly. Listen to your Mom. I have seen more rainy seasons than you."

Shivaay sighed. Who was going to tell her that he threw her dry fruit milk in the bathroom? And the weight gain was because of something else? He just kept quiet and watched the drama unfold.

He had been discharged from the hospital and had come back home a month back. Not in some other place, but his own home; the Oberoi Mansion. Tej had apologized to Shivaay and Annika and had forced them to come back. Whilst everyone was stunned by Tej's turn around, Shivaay wasn't. He knew what exactly had propelled him in that direction. Sometimes, Shivaay got glimpses of that night. He knew that Veer had given him something that had messed up his brain and caused him to have a full-blown seizure. And then, he vaguely remembered Tej had stayed up all night nursing him. It was reminiscent of his childhood when he would only sleep with Tej and Jhanvi whenever he fell sick. Tej and Jhanvi would take turns to keep an eye on him at night. Secretly, Shivaay loved the attention so much that at times he purposely overate so he could upset his stomach and stay with them.

When Tej stayed with him that night, it felt just like that. Shivaay was sure that Tej was also reminded of it. Why else would he help them out otherwise? He knew that Tej had secretly helped out Annika and in turn Bhavya. He would have never been free if not for Tej. But then again, a part of his brain told Shivaay that none of this would have happened if it wasn't for Tej. Had he accepted Roop and her child, she would have never gone off the rails.

When the noise dulled down at night, Shivaay often found himself wondering how his life would have turned out then. Annika's father would have survived. She and Gauri both would have led a good, protected life. They would have completed their studies. Maybe, even gone on to secure high flying jobs. Maybe, Annika would have never met him then. The thought always filled him with sadness. He just couldn't imagine a life without her. He was addicted.

"Shivaay," Jhanvi walked towards him. She gave him a quick kiss on his head. "I am so happy to see your progress. You will be fit to go to the office in two or three months. I am so sure."

Shivaay's face softened. He held her hand and tugged at it. She sat down beside him and said, "Are you sure about the divorce though?"

The energy in the room dipped. Jhanvi let out a breath. But the smile on her face remained. She nodded. "Yes."

Shivaay smiled at her. "Swetlana is gone."

"It was never about Swetlana..." Jhanvi shrugged. "It could have been anyone in place of her. The fact is that Tej and I...we fell out of love. We have become very different people now. We want different things in life."

Shivaay felt Om shuffle beside him. Holding his hand with his other hand, Shivaay said, "Badi Ma...this family will never be complete without you. And this home too."