↳ 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

THREAT LEVEL MIDNIGHT

July 17, 2030

"JAMES," LILY MUMBLED from her place in bed next to him. 

She groggily rubbed her eyes and yawned — having just taken a nap while James was working on quidditch paperwork next to her. He looked over, setting down his pen ( which Lily had introduced to him a couple years prior and he swore off using quills ) and turned towards her.

"Everything alright, my love?" he asked quietly as he helped her sit up. 

She was 8 months pregnant — almost to the day and her stomach had grown, so it was hard for her to sit up without help. These days, Lily and James had taken to staying in the house. With mobs of fangirls and reporters wanting to see what England's star player was doing with his wife pregnant was not something they wanted to deal with.

So, they lived a small and idyllic life now that she was on maternity leave and he'd taken paternity leave. They grew most of their own food in a garden behind the house. Lily loved to tend to the tomatoes, cucumbers, rhubarb and all of the other fruit and veg that she used to cook. 

It kept her busy, but it also kept her sane throughout the whole ordeal with reporters trying to find out the latest details on the pregnancy and the eyes of the world on two 26 year olds. Because he wasn't just a star quidditch player, Harry Potter's first grandchild was also inside of her. 

However, all of that didn't matter at 12:13 am when Lily called out lethargically to her husband. 

"I really want pizza," she mumbled as James rubbed her back and he buried her head in her hands. 

"Pizza?" James asked. "Pizza. Pizza. Pizza. We don't have a lot of pizza."

"We had it once three years ago," she corrected.

"Yeah, I wonder why," he hummed. "It was really good."

"Because you're on that stupid diet," she grumbled. "So we can't have things like pizza and I was a stupid little minger and said I'd go on it with you, so I've been forced to discover was quinoa is all in the name of love." 

"Yeah sorry about that," he mumbled.

"Sorry doesn't cut it," she grumbled. "But you could get me pizza and I might forgive you."

"Right away!" he said as he scrambled up from the bed, grabbed his wand and some muggle money and apparated away. 

He found himself in Soho — somewhere he thought would be a good place to start looking for pizza ( not that he really knew where it was sold because Lily had brought it as a surprise the one time they'd had it ). He had apparated behind a Waitrose and historic dread filled him when he realized he'd forgotten his mobile phone ( which he still didn't really know how to work ) because surely with the combined genius of Lorcan, Lysander and Fred, they could find him pizza. But, he also knew that he couldn't go back to the house without pizza, so he was stuck with his own devices.