↳ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 & 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩

LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP

August 14, 2026

LILY HAD OBVIOUSLY known before James. Lily Luna and Lysander would've been crazy not to tell Lily first as she was quite possibly the only person that would calm James down from whichever reaction he was going to have ( if they were being quite honest, none of then were really sure how he was going to take it ). 

So, the tea was steaming and Lily had made his favorite biscuits in order to ease him into it, hoping he'd notice the effort that she'd put in and pick up on the fact that something was important. After a day of preparation ( Lily had taken off from work "sick" ), Lily Luna, sporting a floral dress and her lavender bracelet, was next to Lysander in "a class, but not too class" button down and trousers. 

"He should be home any minute," Lily breathed out as she smoothed her skirt and looked at the door. As if on cue, James burst through, slightly sweaty, but with a jolly smile. "Hello darling!" 

"I have so much to tell you," James said, starting to laugh as he tossed his quidditch gear to side, not noticing her slight nerves. "So, it turns out that Andrew was sleeping with — "

"James," Lily interrupted as she sent him a pointed look and gave him a once over. "Remember Lily Luna and Lysander are here for dinner?"

"Oh, right, well it's just them," James said as his smile evened out and he calmed down. "Why both of them together though?"

"That's just how they scheduled it," Lily said with a fleeting smile and a fake shrug. 

"What's going on?" James asked as he narrowed his eyes at Lily.

"Nothing," Lily hummed as she turned towards the kitchen, her face immediately falling to panic. 

"Ha! I'm not believing that rubbish," James said with an easy, but slightly concerned smile as he walked forward. "You've been my girlfriend for, what? Four years now? Not a fucking chance that I believe — "

"I made your favorite biscuits!" Lily burst out as she turned around with a wide smile and a plate full of them.

James visibly relaxed and a child-like smile took it's place on his face. "You are incredible, you know that?"

"Obviously," Lily replied, her nerves subsiding, relaxing into James's presence. 

He took a bite of one of them and hummed in satisfaction before setting it down and bringing her in for a sweet kiss. Lily couldn't help but smile into it and get lost in his world. Entire planets orbited around them for James was the sun and she was his moon. She pulled away, tasting remnants of the biscuit on his lips and wrapped her arms around his neck.