0.5

----- Get Well Soon Cards ----

________
AVRIL

-- The sun softly bled into the living room from the open blinds, illuminating the room until no light bulbs were needed. It had been two days since Michael was our damsel in distress, and somehow I had enforced an awkward authority over Trevor about not beating the shit out of Mike. I don't think I could restrain my dissatisfaction much longer either... I still couldn't allow the leader of our group to undergo a beating before a heist that could either make, or break us all. I have yet to receive the schedule from Lester. I'm hopeful that he hasn't made one yet because of his increased worry about this certain score.

Currently, I stood out by the white truck in the front yard where the two snowmen have yet to melt, and ice cicles continued to form on the gutters of Michael's house. A mug of coffee was in my gloved hands, the warm steam gently brushed against my ice cold skin. It was a quiet morning with little to no cars around to pollute my serene surroundings. Mornings like these made me realize why I did what I did. The heists, the murder... all of it was for a simple morning like this. As a kid this was all I craved. To be somebody whose life was worth more than expensive dinners or toys. I just wanted to be praised by myself, and welcomed by the people around me. Despite Trevor's occasional comments... that's what I got here. Unconditional support.

The snow crunched under black boots, the noise seemingly getting louder as the person advanced toward me. "Oh," Michael sighed heavily when he noticed me leaned against the truck. "Hey, A... We should talk-"

"No, we shouldn't," I said shortly. He gazed at me for a moment, an unknown emotion circulating on his russet colored eyes. As I was about to speak again I could hear in the distance the thumping of another pair of boots running through the snow. "HOLY SHIT," I exclaimed as Michael's body was struck by the earth as his gun went flying with him in an arch. Trevor was now straddling Mikey, his fist balled, jaw clenched, and eyes narrowed as they seemed to appear red.

"You don't fucking deserve kids," Trevor spat at the man beneath him. "You UNGRATEFUL fat snake." I watched as the enraged man's fists began to beat into Michael's face... "You're a dead fuck!" I couldn't move for the longest time. Whether that was because I was somewhat enjoying it, or because I was so utterly shocked that my body wouldn't respond, I didn't know. With a boost of courage, I wrapped my arms around Trevor's torso in an act to pull him off from the bloodied man, but was swiftly rejected once his elbow rammed into the bridge of my nose.

"Fuck," I cried out as my shaking hands covered my nose. Trevor picked himself up from Michael rather rapidly, his eyes wide with horror once he saw the blood that began to drip down from my nostrils.

"Shit, shit, shit!" He went to attend to my injury he brought on, he was pushed down onto the hill of snow before he could even touch me again. Michael kicked his friend in the balls before grabbing at his own head.