ɪ. ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ

| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ |

‗ ❍ [ˢᵉᵃˢᵒⁿ ¹] ¡! ❞

‗ ❍ [ˢᵉᵃˢᵒⁿ ¹] ¡! ❞

⊱ ──────ஓ๑∗๑ஓ ────── ⊰

There are many theories surrounding soulmates, but the most prominent one is the story of how Zeus separated the first humans, Androgynous. Fearing they were too powerful he tore them apart and left them in ruins. The humans would feel the full effects of being separated from their soulmate: depression, sadness, burning physical desire to be with the other, their soul's yearning for their other half, and eventually the willingness to die. They would forever wander the earth looking for their other half.

However, according to the myth, when these two halves finally meet there will be a silent understanding of one another. At first touch, time would stop and they would feel joined and exist with each other in unison. Everything would be right in the world.

I was always well aware of the idea about soulmates. Whenever I was with Grams, she would constantly stress the importance of finding my soulmate. However whenever Bonnie came with me to visit her, she mainly talked about us being psychic and witches; never soulmates. When I was younger, I felt special that my older sister wasn't included because I thought it was a special secret between us, but as I grew up I realized that it wasn't peppermint tea in her cup anymore.

Despite this realization, the thought that my other half was out there still fueled my burning desire to not completely give up hope in Grams stories. A part of me still believes that I am destined to be with someone for the rest of my life in harmony. 

"Fae get down here right now or I swear you will not have a ride to school!" Bonnie shouts from downstairs.

With the sudden news, I quickly added the finishing touches to my locs and grabbed my long, black tote bag, and shoved my school books in. I stumble downstairs, give a chaste kiss on Grams cheek, and jog out the front door. "Bye Grams!" I call out and regretfully not waiting for a response from her.