ɪɪɪ. ʜᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛꜱ ᴍᴇ, ʜᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛꜱ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴛ

| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ |

‗ ❍ [ˢᵉᵃˢᵒⁿ ¹] ¡! ❞

‗ ❍ [ˢᵉᵃˢᵒⁿ ¹] ¡! ❞

( continuation of The Night Of The Comet )

⊱ ──────ஓ๑∗๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Oh fuck.

The soulmates didn't say anything for a moment. Fae was drowning in Stefan's presence and the sight of him made her turn into mush. The tension in the restroom steadily rises as they both bask in each other's existence.

However, deep down Fae was overjoyed that he was there. Her heart was beating as fast as a hummingbird- if that's even humanly possible. Fae almost felt like she was floating on a cloud, a cloud of happiness.

Almost.

Fucking bond, She thought.

Stefan walked closer to Fae's back to the point where she felt his hot breath fan against her neck. Fae's eyes closed as she inhaled his intoxicating scent. Both could feel the tension in the atmosphere almost boil over the longer the two stayed close to each other.

"Where were you?" Stefan asked, deciding to break the silence first.

The question caused Fae to open her eyes and meet Stefan's gaze again. Her heart fluttered at the thought of him caring about her. However, it wasn't enough for her to forget the pain.

"Why do you care?" Fae boldly questioned. Stefan was slightly taken aback by her bold question.

Stefan didn't understand how badly he hurt Fae. However there was always a nagging feling in his chest whenever he was alone. When he didn't find her in the school hallways a sense of dread washed over himself and sometimes he couldn't breathe. 

It took a minute for him to collect his thoughts and come up with a believable answer, "I was worried about you. You didn't show up for school this week so I thought..." He said and it was true. He was worried about Fae. Ever since his bloodthirsty brother came back to town, he was only able to think about Fae's safety.

Fae's heart began to beat wildly again at his confession. The whole time Fae has been piled under her covers, wondering if Stefan had thought of her during her absence. If he felt the same burning, aching pain in his chest as she did.

And against her better judgment, Fae turned around to face Stefan. Now if either one of them moved closer their lips would be touching. That fact alone made Fae weak to her knees.

"So you do care, "Fae stated her observation.

Inside, Fae was doing cartwheels in her mind at the thought of Stefan worrying about her. Ever since the night of Grill, it seems she's made up in her mind that he never really cared. That whatever she did would never compare to Elena Gilbert- the girl that lost her parents, the girl with friends, popularity, cheerleading career.