Chapter 2- The end of a journey (Part 2)

HENRY
"Amy? AMY!" I shouted into my watch.

"Ray, we lost contact with Amy!" I started to panic.

"It's ok Henry. Soon, we'll be back at the Man Cave, eating all the food we want, surrounded by all the girls we want." I looked annoyed at Ray.

"Let's just get this over and done with!" I scoffed.

25 minutes passed and I knew we weren't leaving anytime soon.

"You're not leaving anytime soon Captain Man...and Kid Danger!" Drex threatened.

As we fought Drex, we ended up on top of a blimp.

"Oh Henry...as Captain Man's sidekick, I thought you'd be tougher!" Drex ripped off half of my mask.

Captain Man kicked Drex off the blimp.

"Let's bounce..." Ray spoke as he threw me a parachute.

"One of us has to use this to steer the blimp into Mt Swellview." I ripped another hole in the top of the blimp.

"It's the only way to save the city!" I spoke.

"Give me the spear Henry!" Ray attempted to grab the spear out of my hand. We fought for a while before I ripped it out of his hands.

"Swellview needs you...ok? It needs Captain Man." I argued.

"You put on the parachute and get off this blimp right now!" Ray angrily instructed me.

"Ok...but one more thing. I love you buddy." I pulled the lever that sent Ray flying off the blimp. I speared more holes into the blimp, attempting to steer it. For a moment or two, my became body green, until all I saw was black.
———
AMY
It had been hours since I last heard from Henry and I was worried. I had been watching the news to see if any news had been spoken. The news got louder, as I turned and focused my attention in the TV.

"Captain Man has been seen making his way away from the blimp via parachute but unfortunately, Kid Danger is nowhere to be seen." I started to panic.

"No! No...c'mon Henry! Please..." I kept watching, hoping for some better news.

I heard the tube come down.

"We have just heard news that Kid Danger is steering the blimp that is currently about to collide with Mt Swell-" The reporter ducked as the blimp exploded from the collision.

"No...Henry..." I was on the brink of tears just as Captain Man exited the tube. I looked over at him, a tear threatening to spill as I heard sirens coming from the news broadcast.

"Please...no...tell me it's not true! Tell me that Henry isn't dead!" I cried out.

"We have just received footage of the blimp's remains, but there is no sign of Kid Danger, only his mask. May his soul rest in piece." The broadcast ended.

"I-I'm so sorry Amy. I tried everything I could to save him." He rushed over to me as I fell to the floor crying.

"You needed to try harder!" I continued to cry out. I couldn't believe it. Henry, my boyfriend, Kid Danger was dead. He was really dead.
———
RAY
A week has passed since Henry sacrificed himself to save Swellview. After Henry died, Drex was put back into prison, having no reason to hurt the citizens. Amy hasn't come out of the Man Cave, even after Charlotte and Jasper tried to help her move on. Today was the memorial ceremony for Kid Danger, but Amy was too upset to come.

I stood near the stage, nearly ready to give my speech.

"And here today, is Captain Man." I was announced. In my superhero costume, I walked onto the stage, ready to talk.

"One week ago, Swellview lost the best sidekick a hero could ever have, but I lost a friend. Kid Danger was always there for me, even when it meant having to leave his family and friends. I never want Swellview to forget this amazing hero, so with the Mayor's help, I have put a statue of Kid Danger here, in the middle of Swellview Park. Everyone who lives here can walk past it and remember the great hero he was." I spoke, watching as a tear-stained Amy walked past some bushes near the back of the ceremony. She stood there, slightly smiling.

"May Kid Danger's soul rest in peace." I finished my speech, leaving the stage. I turned back into my normal self before walking over to Amy.

"That was a great speech Ray. Henry would've loved it." She hugged me.

"I know he would've." I hugged her back before Charlotte and Jasper joined us as we walked back to Junk 'N' Stuff.