Chapter 4- New sidekick

AMY
"I'll be back. Don't touch anything!" Ray seemed a little upset.

I watched as he went up the tube, leaving me to watch for any suspicious activity. It was official. I was confined to the Man Cave with a list of chores that Ray had specifically asked me and no-one else to do. I checked down the list.

"Fix the Auto-Snacker machine...fill up Schwoz's book shelf? What the heck are these chores?" I continued to read down the list.

"Move old machines in storage room. Ok. I can do that." I smiled, putting the list down as I went to search for the storage room. Once I found it, I started moving small machines and weapons, until I found one the peaked my interest. I couldn't find a name for it, so I walked under it.

"Maybe this'll give me a cool power!" I said, not thinking about the consequences of my actions.

I pulled down the lever as a wave of energy washed through my body, causing my whole body to spasm like a seizure. After a few seconds, everything went black. I opened my eyes, confused. I got up and shrugged it off, continuing with all the ridiculous chores that I was forced to do.
———
2 and a half hours had passed and I was bored. Captain Man wasn't back and I couldn't bare to watch any more surveillance cameras, until something started beeping. The emergency alarm was going off.

"This is the Captain Man emergency hotline." I spoke.

"Hi! I'm a mine worker and there's about 16 of us trapped in a caved in mineshaft underneath Swellview! Please help us!" The screen went black.

I had two options. 1. Save the men and have Ray always hate me or 2. Stay here and let Ray deal with it. I decided to go save the men. I searched around for a costume, until I saw a glowing tube of gumballs. On it, was written Kid Danger. This was the tube Henry used to transform.

"I'm sorry Ray." I opened the tube, putting a red gumball into my mouth as I vigorously chewed. After a few seconds, I blew a bubble, immediately transforming into a female version of Kid Danger when it popped.

"Time to save those mine workers!" I ran towards the tubes and smiled.

"Up the tube!" I shouted as I was shot super fast from the ground.
———
After saving the mine workers, I was bombarded with people asking me questions, until one lady spoke up. "And here she is, the new saviour of Swellview!" A female reported put a mic towards me as I smiled lightly.

"24 hours ago, I applied to be Captain Man's new sidekick. Much to my surprise, he rejected me, calling me inexperienced. Well...today's events proved him right. Without thinking, I went into a mineshaft and attempted to rescue 16 men, risking their lives and my own. This was a mistake. I proved to Captain Man that I did not think before I acted. I grabbed what wasn't mine and attempted to save the day. Which is why, from this day forward, I will no longer attempt to be Captain Man's new sidekick or even my own hero." I went to put a piece of gum in my mouth, ready to transform back, but I saw a familiar face walk up to me.

"Captain Man?" I was scared.

"You saved the mine workers. That's more than I could do within an hour." He smiled.

"But Captain Man, I injured them...most of them are in the hospital...injured." I was worried.

"You saved them. You proved to me that you could be a good sidekick. You took the call and you acted on instinct, which is more than most heroes can do. Now, it's time for you to address the public." He was supporting me.

"Today was a big day. Not only did I save a mineshaft full of workers, but Captain Man gained a new friend. Now I'm not replacing Kid Danger, because I could never do that, but I am hoping to continue his heroism by becoming Captain Man's sidekick. Kid Danger was my favourite hero. He was the person I looked up to the most and I'm hoping that I can continue his legacy as the best sidekick that Swellview has ever had. I never want Swellview to forget Kid Danger as he was the best sidekick that Captain Man has ever had. May his soul rest in peace. I will protect Swellview with everything that I have, just as Kid Danger tried to." I proudly spoke.

"Does anyone have any questions?" I spoke, letting questions fly before I picked a man who wanted to ask a question.

"What's your name?" The man asked.

"My name? My name is...Lady Danger." I announced, cementing my dream to fulfil Henry and Kid Danger's promise to protect Swellview.