Chapter 12- Interruptions

AMY
Now that I have graduated, there was no need to worry about missing another day of school because I had to fight crime as Lady Danger. One thing I had been looking forward to was getting my drivers license. I promised Henry when he was still alive that I would get my license so I could drive him around as if we were an old married couple. Even though he isn't here, I still wanted to get my license.

"So. Today's the big day! Amy is going for her drivers license!" Charlotte was acting like I was going to audition for something.

"Hey Ray, haven't you been teaching Amy how to drive?" Jasper asked as Ray turned around.

"Yep. So if she passes, you guys can thank me." He smirks.

"If I pass, it'll be because my parents' are amazing drivers." I smiled, blowing off Ray's comment.

"Lets just hope that the emergency alarm doesn't-" I didn't get through my sentence before the emergency alarm went off.

"No...NO! Not today!" I started pacing. Ray walked up to the monitors, pressing a button.

"Captain Man hotline, what's the emergency?" Ray asked, listening to the distressed citizen.

"The Toddler, The Time Jerker and Dr. Minyak have taken the Mayor of Swellview hostage!" The call ended.

"Great. Just in case I didn't make it clear the first time, I DIDN'T want the alarm going off because I didn't want any stress before my drivers test!" I complained.

"Well...sorry...but saving Swellview always comes before any test! Henry knew that better than anyone since he almost didn't graduate." Ray was right.

"Just as long as I don't miss my test." I tried to calm down.

I grabbed a piece of gum, chewing before blowing a bubble. As it popped, I transformed. With Ray, I ran up to the tubes and hit my belt buckle. "UP THE TUBE!" I shouted after the tube surrounded me.

Ray and I got to the scene, having to spend 15 minutes fighting the villains before saving the Mayor. We had The Toddler, The Time Jerker and Dr. Minyak arrested. I still had an hour until I was supposed to take my test. As I went to head back to the Man Cave, Piper called me.

"Piper? What is it?" I asked.

"Something blasted into Henry's old room. They're trying to figure out what it was, but they want you to come over and help." Piper sounded concerned.

"Sure. I'll be there in 5." Finding a place to transform back, I quickly made my way to Henry's house.

"Oh Amy! Thank god you're here. We think something crashed into Henry's room. We have a repair guy coming in 2 hours and we need you to stay here and make sure nothing happens until he comes." Mrs Hart explained.

"Sorry, no, I can't stay 2 hours. I have a-" Before I could reject her offer, she was already out the house.

"Piper, I can't stay 2 hours! I have my drivers test in an hour and I can't be late! Surely you can stay here and watch Henry's room?" I pleaded.

"No can do. I'm hanging out with Jana Tetrazzini today and I can't miss it. Besides, my parents don't trust me to be home alone." She went to leave the house before I stopped her.

"Don't you hate Jana? I mean, you've hated her since you were 9...and why aren't you in Florida for college?" I asked, confused.

"First, yes. I hate Jana, but she's going to summer school and I wanted to rub it in her face that I was going off to college in Florida. Jana, like me, is 14 and she once said that she'd be the first child ever to graduate from school 3 years early. But now...the tables have turned and I, like I said, will rub it in her face. Besides, I'm leaving for college in 2 days. But anyway, bye!" She walked outside, leaving me alone.
———
An hour had had passed and I was now late for my drivers test. I had luckily called Jasper and tricked him into staying here for me, so I could quickly go and take my test. Ray let me drive as we got there. I got out, letting Ray drive away, before I walked over to my very angry instructor.

"You're late." He seemed pissed. I still had one of my memory wiping weapons in my pocket.

"Not any more..." I pulled it out, using it on my instructor. Ray was not going to be happy if he found out. As he blacked out for a minute, I scribbled out my time and wrote the time for 5 minutes away.

My instructor shook his head and opened his eyes. "What happened?" He asked.

"I'm here for my drivers test?" I asked. "What time?" He looked at his sheet.

"Oh, I'm 5 minutes early...sorry about that." I smiled. "I like people who are early." He spoke as he smiled back at me.

2 hours passed, and I went back to the Man Cave, looking sad. I had the sheet behind my back so Ray couldn't see.

"So? How'd you do?" Ray seemed overly interested.

"I-I failed..." I nearly cried.

"Oh, I'm so sorry..." Ray hugged me.

"Haha. And you thought I failed..." I laughed.

"Seriously Amy?" Ray asked, kind of upset.

"I did have to erase the instructor's memory and completely forge the test sheet to pass..." Ray gave me a shocked look.

"Excuse me, what?" Ray was confused.

"Haha! Got you again! I didn't fail and I didn't have to erase the instructor's memory to pass! I got 100%!" I smiled just as Ray sighed.

"One day, your lies are gonna catch up to you..." He smiled slightly.

"Thank you Ray. I appreciate you helping me to drive." I smiled, hugging him.

"Although I did have to erase the instructor's memory before I took the test to make them forget that I was 30 minutes late..." I admitted.

"What?" Ray asked, hoping he misheard what I said.

"Nothing." I walked off, trying not to laugh.