Chapter 24- Step 1: The big reveal

AMY
I watched as Henry struggled to get up. "What happened?" He opened his eyes, confused.

"Well...about that. You see...you attempted to go fight Spark on your own and we kinda had to laser you so you wouldn't get hurt..." I stroked his arm, letting him relax.

"I-I have to fight him. It's my fault he even came to Swellview in the first place." Henry sat up.

"Look. Charlotte and the gang are back at the Man Cave coming up with a kick ass plan to take Spark down." I spoke, hoping he would give up. As I cuddled with Henry, Ray sent me a message.

Ray: You might wanna watch this.

Me: Why?

Ray: Let's just say that Spark found a new friend...

I looked at the video that Spark must have sent to Captain Man. I pressed play as soon as Henry looked at my phone.

"Captain Man, Captain Danger and Lady Danger. Meet your newest competitors. We request your presence for a battle of the ages. Meet Spark and I at the Swellview Park at sun down. If you don't, we have planted 6 bombs around this town that will explode." Drex announced before the video went black.

I pressed Ray's number, hoping he would pick up.

Ray: I'm guessing you saw my message?

Me: Uh...yeah. Do you have a plan?

Ray: Charlotte had an idea and we're just seeing if it'll tie in to our overall plan.

Me: Look. Can you secretly come over here and explain the plan?

Ray: We'll be there in 15 minutes.

I hung up.

"Ray and the others will be here soon..." I spoke as Henry got out of bed.

After 15 minutes, everyone was at the apartment, Henry freaking out about Drex and Spark.

"Ok. What's the plan?" I asked as Ray sat down.

"The plan has 3 simple steps." Ray spoke.

GENERAL
Step 1:
Ray and Henry had gotten back to the Man Cave, Amy, Charlotte, Schwoz and Jasper following them to keep Step 1 on track. She watched as Henry used his Kid Danger gum to transform, Ray transforming into Captain Man. Henry gave his container of Captain Danger gum to Schwoz who hid it. Getting into position, Charlotte spoke.

"Ok. Are you guys ready? Remember, you guys have to act as if you've been in a fight for ages." Charlotte asked as she held her phone up, getting ready to record.

"You can back down Ray. This whole plan involves me revealing my identity..." Henry made sure that Ray was absolutely sure.

"To defeat Drex and Spark we have to do this. Besides...Schwoz can hook up the memory weapon to a satellite that effects all of Swellview after the battle is done. He can wire it so it won't effect anyone who stands in the Man Cave." Ray assured them.

"Pressing record in 3...2...1..." Charlotte pressed the button, nodding to show that she was recording.

"I almost didn't graduate because of how committed I am to this job!" Kid Danger complained as looked angrily at Captain Man.

"You swore an oath to defend this city!" Captain Man was bringing up the past.

"When I was 13! Look...maybe I don't wanna do this anymore!" Kid Danger was becoming angry.

"Yeah 'cause you're obviously terrified of being stuck here in Swellview with me!" Captain Man was becoming even more upset by the minute.

"I don't wanna be your sidekick for another 30, or 40, or 50 years!"

"That was the plan! You be my sidekick and take over as Captain Man when I retired!" He revealed his intentions.

"I don't want to be Captain Man, ok?! I don't ever want to be Captain Man! I will never...ever be Captain Man!" All of Henry's emotions about the past 6 years were finally showing.

"Then why are you even here?" Captain Man looked as if he was about to cry.

"That's a good question." Kid Danger angrily grabbed his gum tube, putting a red piece of gum into his mouth.

As he chewed, he walked over to Captain Man, slamming the tube against Captain Man's chest as he walked towards the elevator. "What are you doing?" Captain Man turned around to face Kid Danger.

"I'm quitting." He stopped chewing as he looked at his now former boss.

Kid Danger blew a bubble and transformed back into Henry as it popped, Charlotte getting the whole transformation on video, resulting in a gasp from his friends. Charlotte focused the camera on his friends as he faced them. They pretended to be surprised by the reveal and Henry spoke as he removed the whiz watch from his wrist.

"Hey everyone. I'm Henry Hart..." He threw the watch at Captain Man, who caught it while looking like he was about to cry.

"...And I used to be Kid Danger." Henry pressed the button on the elevator, waiting for it to eventually open. Once it did, he walked in and pressed a button inside. Before the door closed, Henry looked at Captain Man. "Oh and Ray..." Henry started, looking upset.

"What?" Captain Man angrily asked. "I'm taller than you." Henry looked directly at him, having the last 'laugh'. Captain Man watched as the elevator door closed.

Before the moment was ruined, Charlotte pressed the red button.

"I got it!" She smiled, holding her phone. They watched the video back, Charlotte getting ready to post it.

"So what so we do now?" Amy asked. "We post it." She clicked the post button, now waiting for it to eventually blow up.

"Are you sure this is gonna work?" Ray asked, transforming back. "It's a video about Kid Danger revealing his identity. Of course this is gonna work." Charlotte seemed confident.

"Step 1 is done and now we wait." Charlotte smiled as Henry came back down from Junk 'N' Stuff, walking over to Amy and placing his arm around her waist as he kissed her cheek.