07| Barish

آپ ، یہ بارش اور یہ ہوائیں

Thick black clouds covered the sky along with sharp winds. The tress were swaying due to the wind's rythm and the weather was looking like it will rain any moment.

Sumaiya had got up late and now she was hurreidly preparing herself to go to college. There is this very important assignment that she had to submit and she can't be late.

She wore her dress, combed her hair, applied her usual favourite lip gloss and picked her bag. She was all set. Finally!

Sumaiya came down the stairs and straight away went to have her breakfast. Everyone was having their breakfast when Sumaiya came running. The first thing she saw was him. He was sitting on his usual head chair opposite to Dada Jaan and was silently having his breakfast with a cold face.

"Sumaiya beta aa gyi aap ...aaeiye naashtaa kariye". Asmat said to her daughter.

Instead of sitting on the chair and having her breakfast, Sumaiya picked up an apple and said "I am so sorry Ammi...mai jaa rhi hun mujhe der ho rhi hai...mai ye raaste me khalungi".

Before Asmat could say anything Shazia intervened. "Beta mausam sahi nhi hai. Lagta hai bahut taz barish aane wali hai. Aap aaj college mat jaye".

Sumaiya had seen the weather the first thing when she woke up. Yes it was going to rain soon but she can't miss her college. This assignment was important and it needed to be submitted.

"Badi ammi mujhe jana hoga. Mera ek assignment hai jisko submit karna bahut important hai, so I need to go". Sumaiya took glance at Saif. He was staring at his plate and his fingers were in a tight fist. He was angry. But why?

"Accha aap kiske saath jaa rhi hain?" Asmat questioned.

"Wo Ammi mai driver ke saath jaa rhi hoon". Sumaiya was now irritated. She was already late and her family's questions weren't stopping.

"Nhi aap driver ke saath mat jaiye. Mausam kharab hai". Sumaiya knew what was coming." Saif aapko chod dega".

Sumaiya stilled. She alone with Saif in a car. No. Never. Her heart will explode. "Nhi Badi ammi mai chali jaungi. Don't worry". Sumaiya tried to convince her.

"Are nhi aise kaise....Saif beta Sumaiya ko uske college chod aaeiye". Sumaiya looked at Saif. Her heart eager to listen his answer.

"Ammi meri ek important meeting hai that's why I can't be late". Saif straight away denied. Huh! Again with that I don't care attitude! Sumaiya thought.

"Koi baat nhi Ammi mai jaa rhi hun mujhe der ho rhi hai". Sumaiya wished her salaam and rushed to her college.

°°°

Saif was in his office attending an important meeting. The meeting was very important but it was like Saif's mind was somewhere else. He was trying very hard to concentrate but couldn't.

He stretched his hand and looked at his watch. It was almost two in the afternoon. He ran his hand through his jet black hair and sighed.

Looking outside through his large glass window he looked at the heavy downpour. The rain was heavy. Too heavy. The clouds were thundering and the wind was sharp.

He shouldn't care. He shouldn't even be bothered but he was. He was scared for her. The rain was getting heavy with each passing second. Has she reached College safely? What if her car got stuck in the middle of road? Afterall Saif has watched the news and they told that how many trees have fallen down, blocking the road due to the sharp and fast wind.