19

I really had a hard time writing this chapter. If I explain why I had difficulties, I might spoil the whole chapter so without further ado.

ENJOY READING!

Y/N's pov

The atmosphere that was in the air was something I have not experienced before.

It was quiet but it's not the comforting or peaceful type of 'quiet'.

No one was talking.

I was leaning against the wall while Taeyeon was sitting at the edge of the bed.

We decided to break the silence.

"Y/N." "Noona." We both said simultaneously.

"You can go first." "You can go first." We both said simultaneously again.

We both chuckled awkwardly.

She looked down.

I went first.

"Noona." I called her.

She looked up to face me.

We locked eyes.

"W-What are we?"

She broke eye contact and looked elsewhere.

I will be lying if I said I wasn't hurt by what she just did.

I released a heavy sigh.

I figured that I have to clarify my relationship with her. I know where I stand and I need to know where she stands.

I attacked her with questions that needed to be answered.

"Are we just friends?"

"Am I just a hoobae to you?" AN ( Junior )

"Or am I more than that?"

I was finally able to breathe comfortably as I was finally able to say the things that I wanted to say.

She then said something which ticked me off.

"I want us to be more than that." Taeyeon softly said.

I scoffed.

"Really? Cause after what happened in the awards show, you acted like a whole different person." I exclaimed.

"YOU treated me like I was just some stranger in your life." I raised my voice and emphasized on the word "You.'

There was a moment of silence.

My heart broke when I heard a sound coming from her.

She was crying.

I immediately regretted what I just said.

I wanted to comfort her. I walked towards her but she brought her hand out which stopped me in my tracks.

She then spoke.

"I'm sorry. It's hard for me too. Just the thought of us getting together and me being by your side and you by my side, helps me get through the day and makes me happy."

She wiped her tears and looked at me.

"Just thinking about you makes me smile."

She sniffled and looked down again.

"But I am scared. I am scared of making that dream into reality. I don't want to be hurt again. I don't want to be left or make the choice of letting you go. I don't want us to be hurt."

"I don't want your group to suffer which I know means greatly to you. I don't want them to suffer because of us and I especially do not want you to suffer by being with me."