Friends, Dad, Games-Wait, What?!

Pairings Bucky x Anna(rmc), Bucky x teen!reader(plc), Anna x teen!reader(plc)

Words: 3.4k-ish

Warnings: This does contain series spoilers! Mentions of kidnapping and child abuse but only for two seconds.

——————————————

"Let's go let's go let's goooo!" You whine, tugging on Bucky's arm, trying to get him out of the front door while your mom dilly-dallies in the kitchen and you swear they are doing this simply to bother you, "We're gonna be late."

Anna laughs as she tugs on one of her shoes, hopping into the living room and grabbing her scarf off the back of the couch, "Calm down, we're not late."

Bucky's face twists as he turns to you, whispering teasingly as he pushes you out the door and Anna hops behind him, "We're a little late."

You grin because finally, you are out the door after half an hour of lollygagging and when you leave the building you jump into Bucky's car. Bucky laughs when he slides into the driver's seat, looking at you through the rearview mirror and you can barely keep still, constantly fidgeting in your seat.

"You were so reluctant to meet everyone at first and now you can't seem to get away from them. Don't tell me you're starting to like them more than me, I might get hurt, Doll," Bucky teases as he pulls out of the parking lot and begins the drive to the Avengers Tower.

You're pretty sure you saw the back of your head when you rolled your eyes, "Yeah, yeah, whatever," you groan and he chuckles, "It's game night, and I still need to crush Sam for last time. He wouldn't stop shoving it in my face and I have great intentions to utterly obliterate him."

Laughter fills the small space and you can't stop the smile forcefully poking at the edges of your lips until you join in with a chuckle. The last couple of months have been...chaotic, to say the least. After the incident with your biological father kidnapping you, abusing you, and blah blah blah, it took weeks for you to fully heal (physically), resulting in extra homework since you weren't allowed to go to school, which meant extra stress, which meant you were more irritated, which meant you've probably been more disrespectful in certain cases which have led to you getting in a little more trouble than normal. Not that either your Mom or Bucky were truly and honestly that angry, but you've had to be put in place a couple of times.

Anyway, getting back on topic, the good things that have come out of everything, is you've finally met all the Avengers, which was, if you're being honest, really cool, but also, you've been able to spend more time with Bucky. His presence is comforting, to be minimal about the whole thing, he's like a missing puzzle piece you've been looking for that finally showed up, and nothing has been the same since his smart-aleck butt completed the picture.

Ever since he's come along, you're...full, like there is nothing missing and you're not desperate for something too far out of your reach, because he's right there. He isn't going anywhere, which is a concept you still have trouble with, but still, he's here, and now that he is, you haven't looked at any of the fathers in the park playing with their kids. You don't notice them on the streets or in the coffee shop, in the book store or theaters, and even if you do happen to see them, that deep ache in your chest doesn't arise from the ashes, your heart doesn't sink, and your smile doesn't drop. Instead, everything seems to light up, excitement bubbling under your skin so brilliantly you get all giddy....Fuck, what has Bucky done to you? Anyway, he's fixed a part of you, you never knew how to repair. You'd just built the city of your life around that broken, hollow piece of you, hoping you will still be able to stand with that vital, missing pillar. But then Bucky swooped in and helped you rebuild that central piece of you. He filled that hole in your life in the shape of a father...he's your dad.