Seven: Regulus

Reggie sat under the large tree, and looked up at the sky. It was dark, with small stars in patches. He wasn't tired, so he decided to stay out a little bit longer, since he didn't have to be in bed until ten.
    It was already spring, and Reggie thought that his first year of school was going pretty well. He had made two great friends, got a cat, and his grades were all good. He had managed to talk to Sirius more, and it was almost like they hadn't been in a fight at all.
    "Hey! Haven't seen you in a long time Reg!"
    Reggie looked over to see James walking over to him, his hair messy around his face and glasses askew on his nose.
    "It's Regulus."
    "Right."
    "What are you doing out here?"
    "I was just going to the astronomy tower."
    "We're not allowed up there now."
    "I am. Professor Sprout keeps plants up there, and she asked if I wanted to water them for her."
    "Why doesn't she do it?"
    "She doesn't like climbing up the astronomy tower every day." He paused. "What are you doing out here?"
    "Trying to look at the stars."
    James looked up. "You should come with me. The astronomy tower has telescopes and stuff, you'd be able to see the stars much better."
    "You don't think anyone would mind?"
    "I don't think so. Sprout said she doesn't care what happens as long as I water her plants and nothing is broken."
Reggie thought about this for a minute. "Okay then."
He got up and followed James to the bottom of the tower. James reached in to his pocket and grabbed a set of keys. He opened the gate, and they walked up the stairs.
When they reached the top of the tower, he saw a large telescope and went towards it, looking through it. The stars were much clearer now, and he stepped back.
"This is great," he said, looking at the telescope.
"I'm glad you like it." James grabbed a water bottle and poured it on to the plants. He sat next to a large flower in a pot and pointed up. "What's that star called?"
    Reggie sat next to him. "I'm not sure. I don't know all there names yet, but I'm trying to learn." He didn't say anything for a second. "How's Sirius?"
"He's good. He talks about you sometimes."
"When?"
"I don't know, just sometimes one of us will mention a book, and he'll say that you read it and liked it. Things like that."
Reggie looked over at James, who was playing with the leafs on the big flower. He had a nice smile, and pretty hair, even if it was a mess.
    "Your not that bad," he said. "I would have thought Sirius' best friend would be loud and annoying, sort of like him."
    "Oh trust me, I am."
    "I don't know about that."
    James smiled. "There's a reason Sirius and I are best friends, and it's not that we're the quiet type."
Reggie laughed. "It's getting late, I should probably go back to my dorm," he said, getting up.
James stood up. "Okay. I'll be back here tomorrow, if you want to come back up. I'm here almost every night."
    He smiled slightly. "Maybe I'll come up sometime."
    James laughed, opening up the door to the stairs. "See you then."