Antidepressants (Part 1)

He puked in the sink once again as he felt the nausea fill him. The antidepressants were always a pain. They would make him feel sick to the stomach. Not only that, his sexual desires had increased, of course, he made sure that no one knew. It had been a week since he started taking those darn pills with a recommendation of a psychiatrist. It wasn't Geno, though. He didn't know how to explain the things to his older brother, scared of the pitiful looks. Hopeless, he gripped the sides of the sink, his grip slowly tightening. Some whimpers came out of his mouth, causing his close pal, Decans, to come over with a worried look. The look Fresh hated the most that was towards him.

"Bro . . . ? Are you alright . . .?" Asked the smaller skeleton in worry, to which Fresh nodded. He would be fine eventually. His throat was hurt from puking, though.

"'M fine, lil' brah . . . Jus' need a lil' moment 'fore I get ready for da w-work . . ." He muttered under his breath, loud enough for his best buddy to hear him.

"Alright . . . I-I'll wait in the living room, okay?" He gave the taller a reassuring smile. Only if Fresh could see that smile. His eye lights were stuck on the sink. He was thinking a lot lately. About everything. About life. About decisions. About the memories. About his past. He had been feeling a lot number. There comes another disadvantage of antidepressants.

Sometimes, he wished that he could go back in time, only to feel numb again. To this day, he still couldn't handle some stuff. He was sensitive. He would cry too easily, especially when no one saw him. This had always made him feel weak. Still, he never told anyone but the psychiatrist. He looked at himself in the mirror one more time before washing his mouth and face slowly, feelings his hands shake. After that, the tall doctor left the bathroom and walked into his bedroom where his jacket and backpack was in. Before he left the house, he made sure that he got everything. Backpack, ready. Clothes, they don't look that bad. Did he take his pills? Probably not. Not minding that, he walked towards the living room, smiling as he began feeling like he was home. It was pretty early in the morning. No one in the house was awake yet but Decans and him. The small skeleton who was sitting on the couch, Decans', eye sockets looked towards Fresh, as a small smile appeared on his face.

"Hey, Fresh! You're ready." He said before standing up and making his way to the door to outside. Fresh nodded at Decans' question and followed his best friend. When the door opened, he finally saw the beautiful fall day. Red and orange trees, a cool weather and leaves on the ground. He loved fall. His smile widened in joy as he started walking to work with his best buddy. They would usually take the bus or drive, but today, they had decided to walk there. It's been a long time since Fresh had walked that much. Not like the hospital was far away or anything.

The little trip to there was fine. The two skeletons talked to each other while walking to the hospital. It was the happiest version of Fresh that Decans had seen in a while. It made him feel happy. Happy that his best friend, who helped him no matter what and even (accidentally) risked his life for him. Fresh really had done everything he could to make Decans safe. Thanks to him, Decans was here! So much healthier. A famous doctor's assistant! He was so glad that he and his best friend never were torn apart. No matter the dangers and the bad things they have been through.

Their conversation went rather quickly. Seemed like they both enjoyed it very much. When they entered the hospital, Fresh looked around. Nothing had changed. The same receptionist, the same doctors who were going to the small kitchen to have their morning coffee. He wished he could drink coffee. However, he couldn't. His psychiatrist did not approve that. What a shame . . . He would sometimes talk to people there . . . It would make his day better. He had to avoid it now. After biting his lower 'lip' in resistance, he continued walking deeper into the hospital, leaving Decans slightly worried about him. Still, the smaller followed Fresh.