38 | Wrong Direction

(I Did Something Bad by T.S.) "I never trust a narcissist, but they love me. So I play them like a violin and I make it look oh so easy. 'Cause for every lie I tell them, they tell me three. This is how the world works. Now all he thinks about is me." Her manipulative smile felt hypnotizing, her voice sweet as honey and hoarse as a siren's whisper.

Safeiarrah stood on the small platform, wrapped in her white satin cross back mini dress. An angel, that's what she was. Eyes that lingered around her body, she knew just how to glue them on.

Her posture made her figure a lot more noticeable. Safe's been waiting for this moment since yesterday night and she was thankful that Zeal's the most dependable person when it came to music. "I can feel the flames on my skin, crimson red paint on my lips." She locked eyes with him, for a moment, their eyes battled on who was the worst.

"If a man talks shit, then I owe him nothing. I don't regret it one bit, 'cause he had it coming..." She let a hand rest on her neck, exaggerating the words she threw to the man that stared at from the busy crowd. There were so many words to describe the anger she was feeling, but the pain, she didn't know how to describe it.

"They say I did something bad. Then why's it feel so good? They say I did something bad. But why's it feel so good?" Safe's russets fixed on the one person she oh so loved to mock at the moment. Her eyes flickered with anger, it was as if she was a whole different person and someone had taken over her. "Most fun I ever had and I'd do it over and over and over again if I could. It just felt so good, good." An evil smile hid beneath the softest corner of her lips. Her mind repeated the event that took exactly less than twenty-four hours ago.

————

Safe came home later than what she had expected. The moment she stepped on the wooden floor of the flat her ears picked up the sound of someone sobbing and pleading down at the shop.

Her face strained, "Lumos." She whispered, conjuring a light on the tip of her wand as she slowly walked down the stairs, wand at the ready, making sure not to fall dizzy from the motion. Down the base of the floor she caught the glimpse of light where the twins' office resided.

She put the light out, and bit by bit the voices were clearer, more familiar than what she sought it out to be. Safe sighed and placed her wand inside her coat. It was just Fred. She was just about to leave before he could even get the chance to see her when something had caught her interest.

"I told you to stop this. Why are you even here, Callixta?" Fred huffed from a distance.

Her brows furrowed. He was right to ask the question. What is Callixta doing in his office at two in the morning? Safe was never the type of woman who eavesdropped but she couldn't control herself.

"You know why, Freddie. You know exactly why." Lix replied with her high pitched voice. She owned the voice that Safe heard sobbing.

"And you know that will never happen. The vow was rigged." He was frustrated. Safe knew by the way his voice shook.

As soon as she heard the word 'vow' Safe knew hearing them talk wouldn't be so bad as she thought it would be... She wanted to know what exactly the vow was. She needed to know what the vow was.

"No! That's unfair! I've been doing everything I can on my part. You agreed to it, you can't say it was rigged! That's really unfair, Freddie."

There was a loud thud that made Safe immediately turn to the window to check whether someone was hurt. She didn't expect to see something that would hurt her.

Fred held the side of Lix's shoulders, pinning her on the wall. A yelp escaped Lix's lips but they were muffled by the lips Safe adored for the longest.