48 | Wicked Wounds

(Warning: consumption of alcohol and sexual content)

"Over my dead body," Zeal started with the darkest glow of his eyes as he sat across Safe and Avi.

"Oh, please! Stop moping around." Safe replied, throwing her hands up in a way of dismissing whatever he was trying to prove.

She set him up for a blind date. And she has been trying to convince him to go for the past twenty minutes. It has been months since after... Vem passed away. It wasn't to force him to forget her, it was to try and meet someone he might find worthy of him. Because if Safeiarrah was to be blunt as an arrow, Vemrush Willow never ever deserved Zeal.

Zeal shook his head intently, "No. I will not go. Tell whoever the person is that I'm sick or I'm out of the country for an emergency. I'm not going." He said, crossing his arms as he leaned on his seat.

Safe then turned to Avi and glared at him, tilting her head towards Zeal. He was quick to read her signals and straightened his back, clearing his throat. "Come on, Zeal. Just try it out. Wouldn't want you to be lonely on New Year, no?" He crooned, giving Zeal a wide grin. His hazel eyes sparkling like a pool of honey.

"No way. Pas dans un million d'années." Zeal raised his hands in a type of surrender, or rather an invisible wall against the two people in front of him, grabbing his glass to sip on his wine.

The date was set tomorrow night, New Year's day. A romantic date for such a stubborn man. A day that everyone in France usually spends with families, significant others, friends, or... the person you fuck.

He glanced between Safe and Avi, "And why would I be lonely? I have the two of you, don't I? I'll hang out with you two." He crossed his arms again like a stubborn child, looking away.

The two only exchanged looks, Safe stared back at Avi as he bit his inner bottom lip. There was just that awkward silence. They all took time, sipping on their drinks.

Safe drummed her fingers on the table they sat in. She sighed and licked her lower lips. She opened her mouth to say something but no words escaped her. A few more seconds and she stopped, sipping her wine halfway finished.

"What if we make a bet?" She asked, biting her lower lip a little too hard. Although, it did catch Zeal's attention as he turned to her. "If you go and it ends badly, we can perform at Les Hauteurs with any song choice you have the next night." She offered, knowing that he has been inviting her to do so since the day they came back to France. The place where they first met and formed a bond.

Zeal straightened himself, gripping the arms of his seat. His eyes were widened and as if transparent from how much she could see his brain processing her offer. "Are you serious? Any songs? At Les Hauteurs?" He repeated slowly, taunting her if any of her words were faux.

She nodded once, tilting her head towards Avi. "He can even come to watch or take a video of it for your entertainment." She added carelessly. A brow raised up on her forehead as she waited for his answer. Zeal wasn't that hard to convince when a good collateral was served.

Avi bounced his head subtly with a smile, "I can upload it on the internet if you want." He chimed in cheekily, getting a stab on his foot by Safe's stiletto under the table. He almost screamed in pain but only clenched his hand on the cloth over the table.

The man across only held his chin and squinted his eyes for a good minute before smiling. "Alright, deal." He accepted and stretched his right hand towards Safe.

She rolled her eyes and did the same, sealing their verbal agreement as they gripped each other's hands tightly. "You better not be rude to your date on purpose or I'll have you working customer service down the ground floor for a month." She warned, pulling Zeal's hand to her side of the table.