Fox x Fem!Reader x Thorn

This request is for AnimeDweeb2020 I am really sorry to hear what had happened to your dog. I also know what it's like to loose an animal that's practically family. Also sorry this is a little late. I had to do a lot of editing. Anyways, I hope you enjoy it!

*Warning: angst*

Sitting on the couch, all I could do was stare at the same picture on my holopad, not being able to look away.

Tears threaten to fall as I stared down at the photo of my wonderful dog, (D/N). She was everything to me and had helped me through all the obstacles I had faced in life. So when I had gotten the news from the vet that she had to be put down, I was completely distraught.

It had been a couple days, five to be exact, since I had to say goodbye to her, and it was really eating away at me.

The sounds of speeders racing through the Coruscant skyways and the chatter of the Holonet were drowned out by my thoughts.

I was in so much of a trance, I didn't even hear the knock at the door.

"(Y/N)?" Someone called out. The knocking got louder

Finally, the front dort swished open with a hiss.

"Why's it so kriffing dark in here?" Another voice asked

"Well I don't know! And besides, where's (Y/N)?"

I was taken from my thoughts when I realized the boys were back from their mission.

"I'm in here!" I shouted to them, forgetting I had left all the lights off in my apartment.

They quickly made their way over to the living room, turning a lamp on in the process.

"There you are! We were starting to worry you weren't home." Fox spoke, a sense of relief laced in his voice.

"You ready to celebrate? The rest of the boys are waiting for you down at 79's!" Thorn exclaimed, excited to get the party started.

"I'm not sure I want to go," I mumbled, not even looking up at the two troopers.

"What do you mean?! It's you're birthday! You gotta be excited!" Thorn joked, sitting down on the couch.

They both noticed the picture and the collar sitting on the end table, giving each other worried glances.

"Something the matter?" Fox questioned wearily, knowing something was off.

"(D/N) has to be put down," I answered softly, not meeting either of their gazes.

Silence filled the room for a couple of moments as the two troopers took in the news.

"I...i'm really sorry (Y/N). I didn't know."

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I know how much you loved her...Heck, we all loved her." Thorn spoke

It's true. I often would take (D/N) with me to work and let all the troopers in the medbay pet and spend time with her. She was like a therapy dog to the clones and I knew that Fox and Thorn were upset at the horrible news.

"She was a great dog and a great companion," Fox said gently, looking down at the ground.

(D/N) would often visit him when he got bruised up by a couple clankers and she always brought a smile to his face every time.

"We can tell the boys your not up to going out tonight if you wanted," Thorn spoke up

"No, I guess I should get out. It'll be good to get my mind off things for a little while." I stood up from the couch, placing the picture on a nearby shelf where it belonged. "Besides, I haven't see you guys in forever."

"You sure?" Fox questioned

"Yeah, I'm sure," I replied, reassuring the two.

*Timeskip*

We made our way down to 79's. The sound of drunken laughter and singing, coming from inside.

As soon as we walked in, practically everyone in the place shouted Happy Birthday. Streamers and balloons filled the room and it looked like most of the Coruscant Guard was there.

"What's all this?!"

"Well, we wanted to give you an amazing birthday for all the great things you do for us!" Thorn exclaimed

"You are the best nurse in the Galatic Republic after all!" Fox added, a wide smile on his face.

"You guys are the best!" I said, pulling them both in for a hug.

"Come on! Let's get this party started!!" Thorn exclaimed pulling me off to the bar and into the crowds of troopers dancing.

For once, I felt a little less upset, a small smile making its way to my face. I was sure glad to have a family that loved and supported me through all of life's challenges.