i. w o u n d s

"What's a queen without torching the king?"

writer's
PERSPECTIVE

THEY SAY TIME HEALS all wounds, but that's all bullshit.

Violette hated this quote. The person who once said this, must've never actually truly felt pain. On the other hand the person who once said "Time doesn't heal any wounds, we just get used to the pain" must've thought about this long and hard. But to be honest, It depends on the person which quote they may follow based on their situation.

A person who has been through something tragic but still has a little hope left, would hope to forget all about it. Hoping time will actually heal them.

Whereas a person who has lost all hope in the world and even themselves would follow the second quote because from their perspective it would be true.

A live example would be violette: she hated the quote because it gave people false hope. Something she saw crumbling in front of her eyes every time her mother came back with a stinky breath and a guy from the bar.

She saw the hope crumbling every time her mother abuse her. And so she had no hope left at all.

She had covered her scar, which started from the back of her ear and ended at the nape of her neck, with the help of foundation. Maybe sometimes her mom's fancy makeup could be actually useful.

While covering the scar, her eyes fall onto the pamphlet kept on her study table. The Lawrenceville Academy. Written with an almost gold colour in big bold letters. It was the place Violette knew she would never fit in. Only the rich attended this school. Well, whereas her, she could hardly afford to buy a meal. It was obvious that she was going to be a scholarship student. It terrified her.

She had heard many rumors about how the scholarship students weren't treated the same. And by same you might've understood what she meant. Bullying.