xvii. n i g h t c h a n g e s

"time to build my empire"

violette: 22 yrs
antonio: 23 yrs

violette chrysalis's
PERSPECTIVE

I think I lost my $261,000 Chanel handbag yesterday at the mall. Or the park. Or the dental clinic. I'm not quite sure.

The carelessness had something to do with the fact that I was tomorrow going to make a deal with one of the best companies in the world.

Hail Shall

Owned by my best friend and hopefully (finger crossed) future business partner, Hailey Marshall

She insisted on casually signing the documents without all the complications but I didn't need charity. I didn't anymore. I don't want anything free-handed to me in the name of friendship. I want her to say yes because of my idea and achievements.

"Bestie!" I shake my head at her loudness before turning around and meeting her golden eyes. Hailey's grin felt brighter than the rest of the lights around us. She kissed my cheek, whispering how "gorgeous" I looked tonight.

I smile, and look straight, striking a pose for the cameras in front of us. Hailey stands by my side in a green gown looking stunning as always.

"I hate them so much!" She says, whispering through her teeth. I reply back "Me too. They shout so freaking much" We fake laugh for cameras so it appears as if we were actually talking and laughing about something.

My manager signals us to walk away and we do. We were currently at an award show. And guess what? I was nominated for the Women leadership award

Screaming, Crying-

"Boo! There's no alcohol here. Now, i regret coming!" Hailey huffs, looking around the food area for something she actually likes. She was always picky when it came to food, dresses, and boys.

"Don't worry. If I win tonight, I'll take you out for dinner- my treat of course."

"Oh my god, yes! Of course, you'll win which means I'll get wasted Tonight." I roll my eyes at her and drag her with me, towards the table assigned to us. Mostly everyone had already taken their place waiting for the host to start.

About 10 mins later, the show does start. Hailey wins the award she was nominated for and gives me a shoutout which makes people stare at me but I was now used to it so- Skip to the good part, it was now my time to shine. 

"And the award for Women leadership 20XX goes to... Violette Chrysalis!" I was greeted with rapturous applause.

Fucking knew it.

Didn't work my ass off to not win an award i've wanted all my fucking life.

I smile at everyone and walk toward the stage. I take the award from the host, greeting them. Time for my speech. Now, you would think I would give myself a pep talk- never in my wildest dreams am I doing that. Confidence now ran through my veins,  just like blood.

My hair falls in front of my eyes and I tuck them back, almost shyly.

"Oh my god! Thank you so much for this. It is a huge honor for me to receive this award for women's leadership. Um- Being a woman, I've faced many sexist people in this industry and it always made me mad seeing them with that kind of mentality but to be honest, now that I'm holding this award in my hands, I could care less about all of them"

People smile and nod at me, encouraging me to go on and I was about to but then my eyes connected with someone I haven't seen in 6 years. And I never wanted to either.

☁️

it's my birthday today!!!! (6th Feb) sorry for not updating- ty for all the love.

this update is a return gift for you guys <33

LETS BE FRIENDS <3

insta: darkgalaxyst

twitter: uglygirlshit_

tiktok: veeisbroken

☁️

VOTE. FOLLOW. COMMENT.